Tyrese's Epic Slump | The Boneyard

Tyrese's Epic Slump

Reaction Score
I feel like it hasn't been mentioned enough... He's 1/17 from deep in the last 7 games. Only 3 steals. Only thing he's kept up is the rebounding and D.

If he can play like he was a month or two ago in the tournament, I think we have a couple wins in our system.

He needs an injection of confidence ASAP.

Reaction Score
He really should stop shooting from 3. You can almost see the gears turning in his head as he lines it up. And it hasn’t been remotely close. We don’t really rely on him for that anyhow.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He really should stop shooting from 3. You can almost see the gears turning in his head as he lines it up. And it hasn’t been remotely close. We don’t really rely on him for that anyhow.

I particularly liked his 15-foot baseline floater. Only problem was that the hoop was 10 feet away.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He's a role player off the bench on a real good team. He can't shoot. He had an airball from about 10' that was two feet past the rim.
Beat me to it

Reaction Score
Looked good when Bouk was out and he was forced to be a #1 option. Overall, he seems to have trouble “filling his role” on the floor

Reaction Score
I particularly liked his 15-foot baseline floater. Only problem was that the hoop was 10 feet away.
That may have been the worst shot all season. It didn’t help that the camera angle showed just how long it went.

Reaction Score
He's a role player off the bench on a real good team. He can't shoot. He had an airball from about 10' that was two feet past the rim.
very true. But damn, his slump is a little concerning. Missed 3s are one thing, but those shots really have not been close.

Reaction Score
The slump is real. When he's good, he's very good. When he's bad....he plays like tonight.

Reaction Score
That was a terrible shot. It almost looked like he forgot what color uniform he was wearing as the ball went right to a Creighton player

Reaction Score
I actually wondered for a second if it was an alley=oop and he didn't realize the creighton player wasn't his teammate.
He works best down low, period. He can be a monster down there if he puts away the outside stuff.

Reaction Score
I feel like it hasn't been mentioned enough... He's 1/17 from deep in the last 7 games. Only 3 steals. Only thing he's kept up is the rebounding and D.

If he can play like he was a month or two ago in the tournament, I think we have a couple wins in our system.

Remember when he was at 50% from 3 earlier this season and everyone agreed that he wasn't a 50% from 3 shooter and things would start to correct to the mean? Well it's happened.

I remember something similar happening to Niels Giffey in 2014 and he was in a big slump the last like third of the season after shooting about 50% from 3 before that. Then he started hitting again in the post season and really helped out. Maybe that will happen to Martin too.

Reaction Score
The camera angle of that shot was incredible, he missed that badly

Reaction Score
Remember when he was at 50% from 3 earlier this season and everyone agreed that he wasn't a 50% from 3 shooter and things would start to correct to the mean? Well it's happened.

I remember something similar happening to Niels Giffey in 2014 and he was in a big slump the last like third of the season. Then he started hitting again in the post season and really helped out. Maybe that will happen to Martin too.
I hope not. Meaning that I really don’t want to see him taking 3s anymore. It’s not his game and it’s not what we need from him.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he is a role player but he seems to get taken off his game when other physical players challenge him.

Reaction Score
That 360 didn’t look too lacking.

Reaction Score
I hope not. Meaning that I really don’t want to see him taking 3s anymore. It’s not his game and it’s not what we need from him.
Yes it is and he needs to be a threat.

If everyone who you wanted to stop shooting 3s did, we'd average 50 points a game because nobody would ever be able to get it inside against a packed zone defense.

Reaction Score

Agreed, didn’t want to start a thread myself about it but this along with Cole/Gaff was the underlying story of the game

He did not have a good game, especially after his altercation with Jefferson

Reaction Score
Yes it is and he needs to be a threat.

If everyone who you wanted to stop shooting 3s did, we'd average 50 points a game because nobody would ever be able to get it inside against a packed zone defense.
1/17 is no threat. And who else did I say I don’t want shooting 3s??

Reaction Score
That 360 didn’t look too lacking.
Yes, I’ll talk all the dunks we can get from Martin. Not quite sure how that’s relevant to his abysmal 3 point shooting, but thanks for pointing out he had a nice dunk yesterday.

Reaction Score
I actually wondered for a second if it was an alley=oop and he didn't realize the creighton player wasn't his teammate.
He works best down low, period. He can be a monster down there if he puts away the outside stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom