Tyrese Samuel & Sherif Kenney | The Boneyard

Tyrese Samuel & Sherif Kenney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw we got a crystal ball pick tonight for Tyrese Samuel. Anybody have any insight?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Saw we got a crystal ball pick tonight for Tyrese Samuel. Anybody have any insight?
That was completely random. I wonder if he knows something we dont.

Reaction Score
Uplay Canada plays at an incredibly slow pace, but Samuel is shooting 45% (22% from 3 dragging it down) and averaging 7/4.6 in EYBL play.

247 has him 85th after their recent update. He’ll be on Canada’s national team in FIBA play this summer.

Reaction Score

Hurley is not on either according to insiders. Must be a bug

Reaction Score
Don’t know why we would have cooled on this kid. Looks incredibly gifted.

Definitely like Hurley’s eye for talent so far
We are on so many talented players. I hope we land one soon.

pj

Reaction Score
wow, looks good. Pass to himself off the backboard shows confidence.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong I love how we're heavily in the mix for a ton of talented players it seems just a little unfortunate that so many of these kids play similar positions. (Delaire, Achiuwa, Samuel, Akok, also with Sid and Polley already on the roster), either way though you gotta love Hurley attracting this talent lets just hope we hear more about some guards and centers as well

Reaction Score
Don’t know why we would have cooled on this kid. Looks incredibly gifted.

Definitely like Hurley’s eye for talent so far
Maybe we didn't, but the big media outlets haven't covered Samuel much so we haven't gotten any updates since Hurley took over. Pleasant surprise though.

Sometimes Canadian kids get overlooked. Joel Brown of Brewster is another Canadian in this class who seems to be completely forgotten about despite putting up good numbers in EYBL play relative to other higher ranked guards.

Reaction Score
I know these highlight videos are just that, never see a kid miss a shot, play lazy defense, make a bad pass, etc. Given this, I am impressed with Samuel using both hands shooting and dribbling, soft touch from everywhere, keeps his head up on offense, never struck an attitude after making a shot and was ready to play defense after every made shot.

Reaction Score

I’m usually pretty indifferent towards highlight tapes but for a 4 man, that was impressive. Has a great shot, good frame and showed the ability to handle the ball and break down a defender. A lot to like here

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m usually pretty indifferent towards highlight tapes but for a 4 man, that was impressive. Has a great shot, good frame and showed the ability to handle the ball and break down a defender. A lot to like here
Yea, and he has a good frame he'll fill out nice.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong I love how we're heavily in the mix for a ton of talented players it seems just a little unfortunate that so many of these kids play similar positions. (Delaire, Achiuwa, Samuel, Akok, also with Sid and Polley already on the roster), either way though you gotta love Hurley attracting this talent lets just hope we hear more about some guards and centers as well
Some of those guys are more 2/3 and some are 3/4. Either way having a bunch of versatile players is fine by me. The size will help on D as well.

Reaction Score
A little surprised Hurley is putting so much effort into this guy when we seem to be in a good place with Delaire and Achiuwa. All 3 look to be around the same size and play the same position.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A little surprised Hurley is putting so much effort into this guy when we seem to be in a good place with Delaire and Achiuwa. All 3 look to be around the same size and play the same position.
I’m not, having backup plans in the top 100 is an excellent thing for us. We forgot how upertier schools should be recruiting.

pj

Reaction Score
Looks like a 4, plays like a 3.

Few things are more valuable in modern basketball then a guy who can defend the 4 but play offense like a 3.

With interchangeable players at the 3 and 4, 40% of your minutes are going to guys like this, so it's reasonable to allocate 40% of the roster to them. That's 5 players. Since you sometimes need to play 3 guards, 4 players is appropriate. It will take a little while to migrate our roster this way but if the recruiting goes well, don't be surprised to see a 4-man who doesn't shoot or dribble leave next year. Any two from Delaire, Achiuwa, and Samuel would be a great get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom