Tyrese Martin Wavier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin Wavier

Do you want Tyrese Martin to get a wavier for the upcoming season?

• Yes

Votes: 144 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 48 25.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
This might be it's own thread, and I may have missed it, but is there any update on Polley and Akoks' rehab status? Thank you.
The last update was 3 1/2 weeks ago from Hurley.

Courant: Akok, who is recovering from a ruptured Achilles, is getting shots up, and Tyler Polley, recovering from a torn ACL, are back on campus and both, Hurley said, are ahead of schedule.

Register: Hurley stated all reports on Tyler Polley (ACL) are positive, and that Akok Akok (Achilles) is “shooting, moving well, he looks great. He’s an elite athlete.”

Journal Inquirer: Hurley says that both of the players on his roster who are recovering from serious injuries, forward Tyler Polley (torn ACL) and forward Akok Akok (torn achilles) are ahead of schedule with their rehab.

“Tyler just has returned recently. We’re going off reports from Tyler — Tyler spent the majority of the time away at home — but all reports have been very, very positive with him,” Hurley said. “And then Akok looks great. He’s shooting. He’s moving well. He’s an elite athlete and he’s going to recover well from this.”

Reaction Score

First I've heard of a "run off" waiver:

How teams apply for one:
  1. Documentation demonstrating that the student-athlete would not have had the opportunity to return to the previous institution’s team for reasons outside the control of the student-athlete.
  2. A written statement from the applicant institution that the student-athlete is in good academic standing and meets all progress-toward-degree requirements at applicant institution.
  3. A written statement from the student-athlete’s previous institution indicating that the previous institution supports the request.
ON EDIT: Georgia Tech just got a waiver granted for USC's Kyle Sturdviant...FIVE players were awarded waivers just today alone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

First I've heard of a "run off" waiver:

How teams apply for one:
  1. Documentation demonstrating that the student-athlete would not have had the opportunity to return to the previous institution’s team for reasons outside the control of the student-athlete.
  2. A written statement from the applicant institution that the student-athlete is in good academic standing and meets all progress-toward-degree requirements at applicant institution.
  3. A written statement from the student-athlete’s previous institution indicating that the previous institution supports the request.

Funniest part about this is that Ian Steere was a guy this board wanted at one point in time during the dark ages.

But we were/could have continued recruiting at an extremely high lvl In the AAC....

Back to topic, I hope Martin is eligible for one of these. Also hope the relationship w/ DH and Cox is still strong.

Reaction Score
I feel like I've seen a dozen kids who have gotten their waivers approved in the past week.. Starting to feel good about Martin.

Reaction Score
Funniest part about this is that Ian Steere was a guy this board wanted at one point in time during the dark ages.
He's decently talented and we needed rebounding bad. If he wasn't such a headcase he could have been something

Reaction Score
He's decently talented and we needed rebounding bad. If he wasn't such a headcase he could have been something

not saying he’s a horrible player, your assessment is prob corrrct. Will say though I think we’re above “decently talented” players. This new regime pulls them in by the boatload

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
With Covid the NCAA should be relaxing these stupid rules and let the kids play. We could be the Miami Marlins in January with 3 or 4 quarantined kids. We and every team need all of their roster fills this year.

Reaction Score
Two more waivers granted this morning.

Keeping count, that's SEVEN over the last 24 hours.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
His mpg don't matter in the team scheme but his availability to fill needs for game situations should always be paramount. Be ready to play when coach calls your #

Reaction Score
Personally I think this is a completely different situation from our most recent transfer RJ Cole. RJ didn't want to waste a year in the AAC, and wanted time to acclimate to a much much higher level of play. With Tyrese I feel as though he wants to play this year. Hoping he gets one, but personally I never trust the NCAA with waivers when its tied to us.

Reaction Score
7D6202FB-0980-4EE5-8E71-CB990F4B708C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Why would he ask to be asked a question if he didn’t know the answer?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why would he ask to be asked a question if he didn’t know the answer?
Does everyone know the answer to every question asked to them?
I feel if he applies he will get one - the NCAA is handing them out like Halloween candy because they might be betting against chances of any games at all - want to look like the good guys - just a guess

Reaction Score
Does everyone know the answer to every question asked to them?
I feel if he applies he will get one - the NCAA is handing them out like Halloween candy because they might be betting against chances of any games at all - want to look like the good guys - just a guess
He already applied for a waiver.

Tyrese Martin, who transferred form Rhode Island, is still pursing a waiver from the NCAA that would allow him to play in 2020-21. Martin and UConn have done the necessary paper work, but with so much unresolved with fall sports due to the pandemic, Hurley was not expecting a decision from the NCAA soon.

Reaction Score
Getting this waiver pushes us over the top this year, we are a top 20 team with him, perhaps even top 15.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom