Tyrese Martin sleeve tag | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin sleeve tag

Reaction Score
Yes, it bothers me too.
I was going to make a post about this too but thought I would get blasted for it here on the 'Yard. Glad there is someone else out there who is as annoyed by it as I am.
He needs to just rip that tag off already.

Reaction Score
It’s a uri thing. Fatts does it too. Someone else I can’t remember from their massively underachieving team (they are loaded but with Fatts banged up, aren’t getting it done) does it up there.

Reaction Score
Or how about just tucking it in? Maybe the NCAA won’t take away a scholarship, just Double-Secret Probation.

Reaction Score

To complete the loop from the other thread:

My insider told me that Tyrese and the team/coaches made a friendly prop bet at the start of the season;

“Over/Under on # of games before someone posted a BY thread about the sleeve tag”

I heard the o/u was set at 2 games. All but Brendan Adams took the under.

Reaction Score
It’s illegal to remove those tags. Just like mattress tags.
This made me LOL. Way back in time, during my summer off at UConn, was working for a furniture store doing deliveries. We brought a mattress and boxspring set down the elevator for the truck outside. While waiting, someone lit up a smoke (everyone smoked then), and sure enough a spark started a small fire in one of the pieces. We quickly put it out, but were freaked about what to do next. One of the salesmen came out, and simply removed that "Do not remove" sticker and placed it over the hole, and away it went.

Reaction Score
not after it is purchased, even mattresses
No one is supposed to realize that. Probably one of the longest running secrets in America. Hell parents don't even tell their kids.

Decades later, it's funny how most of my pillows and mattresses are still tagged.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
No one is supposed to realize that. Probably one of the longest running secrets in America. Hell parents don't even tell their kids.

Decades later, it's funny how most of my pillows and mattresses are still tagged.
Federal regs v. Made Up NCAA, Screw UCONN "regulations".

Completely different.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
not after it is purchased, even mattresses
People have always been intimidated by the "except by the consumer" language, thinking that it means you have to eat the mattress. Not gonna change any time soon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I haven’t noticed. I will next time. It will annoy me; like that inside out sweatshirt phase.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
NOW we are getting back to the essence of The Boneyard! Every once in a while the magic returns
In the wake of Wednesday, we hit bottom.
Since yesterday, we are climbing.
It's fluid, but there's a lot to like.
May it continue...

Reaction Score
maybe it's itchy. lots of nba players do that too, notably melo

Reaction Score
If it doesn't him, shouldn't bother you. Who knows maybe he tore one off once and played lousy - mojo and all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom