Tyrese Martin Appreciation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin Appreciation

Reaction Score
He's shooting better than 70% on close 2's this year. The missed layups are largely a thing of the past.
He's 12 for 23 the last three games from 2-point range. That's not terrible, but it's a far cry from 70 percent.

Before I checked the stats, my impression was that he missed everything around the rim the last two games.

Reaction Score
He's 12 for 23 the last three games from 2-point range. That's not terrible, but it's a far cry from 70 percent.

Before I checked the stats, my impression was that he missed everything around the rim the last two games.

2-point range isn't "close 2's," which is what "missed layups" refers to. And I have good news, your impression doesn't matter because we can look up what's actually real (he was 9/13 from the rim in those games) instead of relying on what feels true to you: T-Rank Player Stats - Customizable College Basketball Tempo Free Stats - T-Rank

Reaction Score
Jarron Cumberland clone
Nah. Cumberland was an attack the rim, innefficient ball-dominant lead guard. In his senior year, Cumberland had 23 combined FGA + FTA + assists per game while last year, Martin had 12.6.

Martin is a way better rebounder, a better defender and doesn't have the ball in his hand nearly as much.

With his inefficiency and turnovers, Cumberland would have made the Boneyard explode. I'd much prefer Martin.

Reaction Score
2-point range isn't "close 2's," which is what "missed layups" refers to. And I have good news, your impression doesn't matter because we can look up what's actually real (he was 9/13 from the rim in those games) instead of relying on what feels true to you: T-Rank Player Stats - Customizable College Basketball Tempo Free Stats - T-Rank
I love data and hate anecdotes, so I appreciate your train of thought here. Know where we can find one of those nifty graphics that show the court with red and green circles where shots missed and went in, respectively? I don't know how torvik defines "at the rim", but I'll be damned if he didn't miss more than four of what I consider close twos in the last two games.

Reaction Score
Martin is such an odd two guard. His rebounding is beyond elite for a guard. He runs the court hard and can get those dunks in transition.

His TO's for a senior are mind boggling. More lapses in concentration than lack of knowledge. The missed layups and poor FT shooting. Really good in the pist against smaller players.

At this point he is Johnnie Selvie territory for me. You have to accept those odd head scratching plays because you will get some great production from effort and hustle.
Don't remember Selvie being as good as Tyrese.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom