Tyrese is playing his way into an opportunity in the NBA | The Boneyard

Tyrese is playing his way into an opportunity in the NBA

Reaction Score
Tyrese is playing his way into an opportunity in the NBA. He has the combination of size, strength, athleticism, and skill that will make for an effective role player. Reminds me a bit of Jae Crowder’s game— 6’6”, strong, defends the perimeter well, great rebounder, can make open shots and get to the rim. Just needs to work on his finishing.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Not certain he’ll be drafted but he will get a chance to play in the league for sure. If not he’ll play in the better European leagues. I don’t expect him back.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This thread makes me wonder how many non NBA level UConn players have gotten NBA hype from people on this board in the last few years? Polley, Martin, Cole, Carlton, Whaley, Akok, anyone else?

Edit: Hawkins

Reaction Score
Tyrese is playing his way into an opportunity in the NBA. He has the combination of size, strength, athleticism, and skill that will make for an effective role player. Reminds me a bit of Jae Crowder’s game— 6’6”, strong, defends the perimeter well, great rebounder, can make open shots and get to the rim. Just needs to work on his finishing.
I think he could be a Bruce Bowen type. Play defense, rebound and hit the open 3s when open.

Reaction Score
Idk if Jae Crowder us the right comp. I’d say I see a mix of LeBron James, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant in his game. But that’s just me.

How about Alec Burks without the limited pg skills

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Writing him off less than a month and half into his freshman year? SMH
Nah, he still has the potential. I just meant as of this second he wouldn't make the NBA. But I understand how that could seem overly negative. The kid has loads of talent still, and it would probably be fair to put him in the Andre camp of closer to the NBA than everyone else on the roster.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If Tyrese continues to play well enough to be a legit future NBA player (as his coach apparently stated) we are in for a very good season.

I see him more as a Europe pro talent, but I would be happy to be wrong.

Reaction Score
Big Tyrese fan. Hope he makes a good living playing hoops - perhaps internationally. Also wish he was Ajax's roommate. Two wings with that agression would be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
This thread makes me wonder how many non NBA level UConn players have gotten NBA hype from people on this board in the last few years? Polley, Martin, Cole, Carlton, Whaley, Akok, anyone else?

Edit: Hawkins
It’s almost like we’re a blue blood program where our best players get chances in the NBA

Reaction Score
Well, the Marquette cheerleaders like him
shehappy.PNG

Reaction Score
I love the guy. He's tough, strong, plays good D, gets up on the boards, gets down with the funk, finishes around the rim, can create his own shot, can take his man off the dribble, gets his feelgood on realgood. But he's not an NBA player right now. He can't shoot it consistently enough. If he gets there this year, UConn gone be good.

Reaction Score
His handle and shot need to improve. Being more consistent from the line would help his cause, too.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s almost like we’re a blue blood program where our best players get chances in the NBA
It's almost like we have a history of NBA level talent. All of whom woulda made it to the NBA had they played at Weber St.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Like I said in the ThoughtZ the other day -- he reminds me more and more of Donny Marshall. For his career, Donny averaged about 10 points, 4-1/2 boards, a dime and a steal. In his senior year, it was almost 16 points & 6 boards. Dimes and steals were higher than career average, but not by all that much.
Donny got drafted in the 2nd round, mostly because JC 'made some calls on his behalf' but Donny gave him ammunition in the NCAA tourney, when he averaged 24pts a game and was named to the All Tourney team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom