Tyler Polley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley

Reaction Score
Polley, Brendan Admas and Wilson were all given significant minutes tonight and not one of them contributed anything.
I swear Adam's couldnt shoot it into the ocean today lol.

Reaction Score
He actually needs to become an off the bench player. Akok needs to be better than Tyler from day 1.
I agree, and when more talent is brought in over the next couple years, this will most likely be the case. Polley is essentially the guy who the other team doesnt spend much time preparing for, then comes off the bench and hits 3-4 three’s in the half, and we come here and complain why we can never recruit players like that.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You can almost see Sid thinking out there. Should I shoot? Should I drive? Should I pass? He just kind of freezes.
What did he do when he sat for an entire year? He should be a Sophomore but didn’t get stronger or better

Reaction Score
His game is extraordinarily limited. He (sometimes) hits 3s, guards Markus McDuffie well, and that’s it. Next year I think he’ll be in a more limited role backing up Sid/Akok.

Reaction Score
His game is extraordinarily limited. He (sometimes) hits 3s, guards Markus McDuffie well, and that’s it. Next year I think he’ll be in a more limited role backing up Sid/Akok.
That really is his ideal role. 3rd string.

Reaction Score
That really is his ideal role. 3rd string.

Yep. Give me AG, CV, Sid, Akok, and Carlton next year with Polley giving Sid and Akok a breather. If we get Precious, he might not see the court.

Reaction Score
Yep. Give me AG, CV, Sid, Akok, and Carlton next year with Polley giving Sid and Akok a breather. If we get Precious, he might not see the court.
I don't see Sid playing much 3 unless he improves his handle. He will play some now due to the injuries but I think Bouknight will see time there and he is 6-5 so would be perfect fit in Hurley's system.

Reaction Score
Polley is the guy who comes off the bench and hits a couple corner threes to spark something. He is not a starter. Sid has ZERO lateral movement on defense. He cant stay in front of brisk moving snail. He looks good helping on weak side defense for blocks but is no where close to where he should be. Hopefully a full summer under a Hurley regiment will do a lot of these guys good.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Every time I see polley play it makes me that much more anxious to see Akok Akok play next year.

You will be seeing lots more of Polley, Carlton, Vital, and Brendan Adams than you probably want to. Get used to it.

Reaction Score
You will be seeing lots more of Polley, Carlton, Vital, and Brendan Adams than you probably want to. Get used to it.
I hope you mean just this year for Polley and B. Adams? If not I think you really don't understand that as Hurley gets his top notch picks(B. Adams surely isn't one of them) these guys will be only seeing scrubs time off the bench.

Reaction Score
He needs to become more consistent particularly on the offensive end. Good form on the jumper yet doesnt make that many. We need him to become a better player.
YOU CAN'T GET BLOOD OUT OF A STONE. Hence, we need an influx of talent the next couple years.

Reaction Score
No, for many years to come. Deal with it.
Dude please take your love affair with our ex-coach to another board. It's getting irritating. Hurley is already getting great recruits next year including Akok Akok who will replace Tyler. Why do you have to be so negative about the program when you were wrong about getting rid of Ollie and replacing him with Hurley? I haven't ever put anyone on ignore and have been on this board a long time but you are almost there.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Dude please take your love affair with our ex-coach to another board. It's getting irritating. Hurley is already getting great recruits next year including Akok Akok who will replace Tyler. Why do you have to be so negative about the program when you were wrong about getting rid of Ollie and replacing him with Hurley? I haven't ever put anyone on ignore and have been on this board a long time but you are almost there.

You’re coming completely out of left field. What on earth does this have to do with Ollie? Hurley realizes that Polley is an important time of this program’s future, and even if Akok ends up starting at the 4, Polley will be a contributor and bring good things to the table for the next two years. The fact that he’s giving him so many minutes this year and starting to give him the other team’s top defensive assignment says as much. Hurley doesn’t care that Ollie recruited Polley, he sees that Polley has skill and potential and will be a part of the future of UConn basketball.

As for Brendan Adams...he was 100% a Hurley recruit who wasn’t even on UConn’s radar until Hurley took the helm, so I have no idea why you think my claim that BA will be a long-term contributor reflects a “love affair” with Ollie.

There is nothing in my post that is negative about the program. As has been the case consistently ever since Hurley was hired, I have complete confidence in his player development and evaluation abilities. He knows a lot more about basketball than you do, and I’m glad he’s making our player personnel decisions instead of you.

Seriously, what a nonsensical response.

Reaction Score
We have all seen Polley do things we like. He can hit the three. He can drive and dunk. He can compete and win on the boards. We know he can do these things.

So I think we are tougher on him when he doesn't do the things we know is capable of. It is more frustrating to watch him miss consecutive open threes. Or stand around on the outside or have the ball taken out of his hands.

I expect he will get better. The question is how much better, how fast, will it be enough make an impact? Or will he stay right where he is Right now, it's just impossible to tell.

Reaction Score
Akok and bouknight (even tho a 2) are better than Polley right now!!! He stinks. Brings nothing. Pretty much only regular player on our team who doesn’t contribute anything on our team. Maybe b Adams but he’s a frosh so I’ll let him slide. At least Sid blocks shots and mixes it up a bit. Not happy with sids progression either. Figured by now hed be showing a little more - and he had all last year to work on his game. Disappointed in both of them. Polleys stat line last night says it all. A blank box score in a game like that? Ridiculous

Reaction Score
You’re coming completely out of left field. What on earth does this have to do with Ollie? Hurley realizes that Polley is an important time of this program’s future, and even if Akok ends up starting at the 4, Polley will be a contributor and bring good things to the table for the next two years. The fact that he’s giving him so many minutes this year and starting to give him the other team’s top defensive assignment says as much. Hurley doesn’t care that Ollie recruited Polley, he sees that Polley has skill and potential and will be a part of the future of UConn basketball.

As for Brendan Adams...he was 100% a Hurley recruit who wasn’t even on UConn’s radar until Hurley took the helm, so I have no idea why you think my claim that BA will be a long-term contributor reflects a “love affair” with Ollie.

There is nothing in my post that is negative about the program. As has been the case consistently ever since Hurley was hired, I have complete confidence in his player development and evaluation abilities. He knows a lot more about basketball than you do, and I’m glad he’s making our player personnel decisions instead of you.

Seriously, what a nonsensical response.
It goes with your history. I don't think we will see much of Polley as he could be behind both Akok and hopefully an improved Wilson in the pecking order. I believe Bouknight will get a lot of minutes at the 3. B. Adams like I said might be Hurley recruit but he isn't very talented and don't see him getting many minutes next year if Gafney and and Bouknight are as good as advertised.

Reaction Score
Akok and bouknight (even tho a 2) are better than Polley right now!!! He stinks. Brings nothing. Pretty much only regular player on our team who doesn’t contribute anything on our team. Maybe b Adams but he’s a frosh so I’ll let him slide. At least Sid blocks shots and mixes it up a bit. Not happy with sids progression either. Figured by now hed be showing a little more - and he had all last year to work on his game. Disappointed in both of them. Polleys stat line last night says it all. A blank box score in a game like that? Ridiculous
Especially a game where he plays 29 minutes.

Reaction Score
We have all seen Polley do things we like. He can hit the three. He can drive and dunk. He can compete and win on the boards. We know he can do these things.

So I think we are tougher on him when he doesn't do the things we know is capable of. It is more frustrating to watch him miss consecutive open threes. Or stand around on the outside or have the ball taken out of his hands.

I expect he will get better. The question is how much better, how fast, will it be enough make an impact? Or will he stay right where he is Right now, it's just impossible to tell.
I expect him to get better in some ways too. However, driving and dunking is not in his repertoire right now. His handle is just plain bad. His defense has gotten better but he is just not equipped to guard a PF.

Reaction Score
I expect him to get better in some ways too. However, driving and dunking is not in his repertoire right now. His handle is just plain bad. His defense has gotten better but he is just not equipped to guard a PF.
I've watched him do it. Not by beating a defender but by taking advantage of an opening and going straight to the hoop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom