Tyler Polley returning to UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley returning to UConn

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Needs to learn how to pump fake & go to the basket & finish- he continues to give the defense no reason to be worried about him penetrating & going to the hoop- until he starts to that he will continue to be a one dimensional shooter.
Wait. Are you talking about Tyler or August?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wait. Are you talking about Tyler or August?
Hey!!!! Mr one dimensional shooter is engaged to someone 17 years younger who goes to games with him. I figure we end this make fun of august turn of events in this thread before it gets out of hand, and get back to how great Tyler is next season.

Attachments

• 1AFBC77E-B87B-47C0-9A56-8CA7DA13203D.jpeg
    1AFBC77E-B87B-47C0-9A56-8CA7DA13203D.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 226
  • 48474ACB-5637-4E33-A41F-6C1A6A334D3D.jpeg
    48474ACB-5637-4E33-A41F-6C1A6A334D3D.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 231

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Hey!!!! Mr one dimensional shooter is engaged to someone 17 years younger who goes to games with him. I figure we end this make fun of august turn of events in this thread before it gets out of hand, and get back to how great Tyler is next season.
Nice fang.

Reaction Score
Perception is such a crazy thing.

All this time I thought you were a big sloppy fat guy, carting around roast beef and cheddars, and slurping on Big Gulps through a straw, sitting on the sofa listening to old Grateful Dead, idly scratching with one hand at your torn socks. I am just so wrong, and I apologize to you and the general populace for my somewhat discriminatory description.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

All this time I thought you were a big sloppy fat guy, carting around roast beef and cheddars, and slurping on Big Gulps through a straw, sitting on the sofa listening to old Grateful Dead, idly scratching with one hand at your torn socks. I am just so wrong, and I apologize to you and the general populace for my somewhat discriminatory description.

No, that’s pretty much him.

August_West

Reaction Score

No, that’s pretty much him.

I can’t claim fake news on those takes.

August_West

Reaction Score
@karstenkibbe I was a fan of yours in HS. You rocked the SHS gym . I’m Same class as your younger bro . Love seeing you on here , I won’t say more , but people would love to hear your stories!

Reaction Score
2 points:
1. He doesn't go anyplace with those between the legs dribbles. If a guy is standing there, he is still there.
2. He picks up his dribble and goes sideways with 2 feet that doesn't seem like it would qualify as a jump stop. Weren't some of those moves traveling? I couldn't make up my mind.

1. Yeah, those are moves he used during his hot streak this year and basically no other time. It's probably good to have in his bag just in case. I would imagine his trainer put those videos up because it makes Tyler look like he's developing into James Harden (which he isn't). Having him run around "screens" (cones) and practice hitting jumpers with a left/right foot, right/left foot, and hop, is the kind of stuff professional teams look for. It's small but good defenders take you out of your footwork rhythm like that. Then doing the same with his 1 dribble pull-ups and transition 3s. Everyone in the world knows Tyler is going to make a bunch of money overseas shooting 3s and almost only 3s. The more ways he can do it the better.

2. No travels that I can see. By the book he hasn't "picked up" the ball until he's put the foot down before the hop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh could become very dangerous if he could create space off of the dribble to get his shot off instead of catch and shoot.

Put a little action in those puppies with some shake and bake.

August_West

Reaction Score
Wow that’s awesome. I didn’t think anyone remembered him , but I went to HS with him. So I just assumed someone with that handle had to be him. He dominated CCIL in HS, which earned him walk on under Calhouns first years. . Great player, great family. Great handle. You win my award for obscure UConn players handles !

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is Steve Carrell nice in real life?

Reaction Score
He was drilling those exact combos in game during that hot stretch in January. I think there is potential to continue to use that in game, but agree yes running off screens needs to become his bread and butter.
If we ran more transition fast break basketball, the 3 dagger could be Tyler’s signature shot. For some reason that’s his must relax and natural 3 ball shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom