Tyler Polley Fully Cleared | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley Fully Cleared

Reaction Score
Has to give him the edge for the starting SF spot.
Only if you play Bouk at the 2
That’s might be interesting but with all the talent this year the combinations are endless. If Polley has matured and added muscle I like him at the 4 . That stretches the D opening up both slashing and post scoring.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have him at the starting 4 spot along with a 3 guard lineup especially at the start of the season

I have him a small forward in a lineup with a PG, Combo Guard, Shooting Guard, Small Forward and a Center.

Reaction Score
Glad that he's ready to go for the start of full practices.

Polley and Martin are really good to pair together in a lineup. Polley's shooting makes up for Martin's streakiness and opens up the paint for Martin to drive. Martin's rebounding helps shore up Polley's biggest weakness. I think they'll hold their own against most 4s on defense, too. (With exceptions.) With Whaley at the 5, it's a very versatile, athletic lineup. Can always bring in Carlton or Sanogo if we need the beef.

C

Chief00

Depth is great but deep teams of similarly talented players scare Chief. What needs to be established early on, is who are the 7 best players, who will get most of the minutes? This is particularly challenging because of multi position players. If too many guys are equal it becomes about minutes rather than winning games.
My is sense is that Brown and Sonago will get more of what many think of as Whaley and Carlton’s minutes than many expect.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tyler Polley was cleared? I didn’t even realize he was indicted.

The biggest thing that we have going for us this year is our depth. We can score from four positions, five if you count alley oops. That is going to make us very difficult to guard. If people try to use help defense to stop Bouknight, there will be an open man who can make them pay. If they try to collapse in the paint, we have enough decent three-point shooters to pull them out of that. If they decide to pressure the perimeter, they are going to get back doored all night long. (Uh, I mean... never mind.... you know what I meant.)

This team has the potential to be very very good, not only because of the quality of players, but because we can beat you in a lot of ways. I am really, really looking forward to the season.

We are still doomed.

Reaction Score
I have him a small forward in a lineup with a PG, Combo Guard, Shooting Guard, Small Forward and a Center.
after seeing us get beaten up for the past few years by teams with grown men e.g. cincy and memphis, idk why so many are clamoring for this lilliputian lineup of cole/gaff/bouk/polley/whaley

we have so much size on the roster yet no one in this lineup is over 6'8 and only 2 guys are over 200 lbs (polley barely). we would get absolutely annihilated on the boards

the lineup would work on offensive possessions when we need a 3 or quick basket, or maybe to spark a run to cut into a big deficit, but i don't see it as a legit starting lineup

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we get 3 n D Polley who rebounded like he did against Tulane he’ll have no trouble finding the court. If he can’t do 2 of those 3 well, he might see limited minutes

Reaction Score
after seeing us get beaten up for the past few years by teams with grown men e.g. cincy and memphis, idk why so many are clamoring for this lilliputian lineup of cole/gaff/bouk/polley/whaley

we have so much size on the roster yet no one in this lineup is over 6'8 and only 2 guys are over 200 lbs (polley barely). we would get absolutely annihilated on the boards

the lineup would work on offensive possessions when we need a 3 or quick basket, or maybe to spark a run to cut into a big deficit, but i don't see it as a legit starting lineup
November 25th - Cole, Bouk, Martin, Polley, Whaley.

By February - Cole, Bouk, AJ, Polley, Whaley.

Reaction Score
November 25th - Cole, Bouk, Martin, Polley, Whaley.

By February - Cole, Bouk, AJ, Polley, Whaley.
i think martin only loses his starting spot if akok comes back at 100%, which is not expected. i also like polley at SF and martin at stretch 4, he's the better rebounder/defender.

but if AJ can play his way into the starting lineup this year the team's ceiling will be that much higher

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We haven't had a discussion like this in 5+ years. UConn has 10 guys on the roster that you can make an argument that they should start. I don't have a preferred starting lineup but I do think Sanogo will make a big impact this year. Chief beat me to the punch but I'm strictly casual.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Only if you play Bouk at the 2
That’s might be interesting but with all the talent this year the combinations are endless. If Polley has matured and added muscle I like him at the 4 . That stretches the D opening up both slashing and post scoring.
If he plays like he did his last game, he's got a shot at being our starting four.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If he plays like he did in the 3 halves before his injury he will play meaningful minutes and it will be a joy to see.
If he plays like he did before those 3 halves, he will be doing a lot of watching from the bench.
The talent is so much better and there are hungry kids who are willing to get dirty on D and hit the boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom