Tyler Polley Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley Appreciation Thread

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Looks like a different player out there tonight. Good for him, hopefully he continues to play and rebound like this the rest of the season and it’s not a one game aberration. 1st career double double. 19 and 11.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First ever double double. It's about time the 6'9 Junior showed up to play.

Reaction Score
He was really aggressive tonight, and it showed. I was one of the ones saying he was limited in his ability but he attacked the rim instead of hanging out on the 3 point line. Hope he keeps it up.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He always looked to me like someone who would eventually be capable of playing like this. Now he’s got to bring it game after game.

Reaction Score
Give him credit, he didn’t settle for 3s and battled down low. Tulane is incredibly soft in the paint but this was very encouraging.

Reaction Score
I have been waiting for him to do more on offense besides shoot the 3. Thought it would help get him open shots on the perimeter to drive, pullup or go to the rim. Now he has to start dunking the damn ball! He should be a good rebounder as he is quick and being thinner can shoot the gaps. Keep it up Tyler!

Reaction Score
Best half I've seen him play.

Helps the other team is tiny and plays a matchup zone so nobody was putting a body on him on o-rebs.

But he attacked closeouts and in transition in a way that we haven't seen since the cupcakes early last year.

Reaction Score
He was really aggressive tonight, and it showed. I was one of the ones saying he was limited in his ability but he attacked the rim instead of hanging out on the 3 point line. Hope he keeps it up.
I agree. But still I caught myself saying when he got the ball trying to make a move, its not his game. He's a spot shooter, not a guy to create. But he did well getting to the basket tonight. I missed the first half, so keep that in mind.

So where does this team stand? They get waxed by Cincy, and USF then beat Tulane who just beat Cincy. What gives? I think this team got the punch in the mouth or the gut and they responded. I think we see a completely (hopefully) different team the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
So where does this team stand? They get waxed by Cincy, and USF then beat Tulane who just beat Cincy. What gives? I think this team got the punch in the mouth or the gut and they responded. I think we see a completely (hopefully) different team the rest of the way.
Road vs Home. I think I heard Lappas say there's only been 2 road wins in the AAC so far.

Reaction Score
Road vs Home. I think I heard Lappas say there's only been 2 road wins in the AAC so far.
ok? Calhoun would laugh at you and this statistic. Why can't this team win anywhere, against anyone?

Reaction Score
I agree. But still I caught myself saying when he got the ball trying to make a move, its not his game. He's a spot shooter, not a guy to create. But he did well getting to the basket tonight. I missed the first half, so keep that in mind.

I think we can’t take too much out of this game yet. Gilbert played well, Polley played great, Carlton got off early but was it a sign of things to come or the byproduct of playing a soft team at home. The next 3 games will tell the real tale.

Reaction Score
ok? Calhoun would laugh at you and this statistic. Why can't this team win anywhere, against anyone?
All I'm saying is that it seems to be the trend in the AAC this year. Tulane won at home vs Cincy, yet lost away to us of which we lost away to Cincy. Thats all. We played much more aggressive at home.

Reaction Score
Playing inside the arc and competing for boards makes a huge difference.
Could this be our low budget Deandre Daniels? If he can go the rest of the way with 12pts and 4/5rebs per game we have a player. He is actually more athletic than DD just more timid. In fact wasn’t it around that grown win in 13 thatDD finally started commotion of his shell?

Reaction Score
Because most of our opponents are better than us

Reaction Score
I think we can’t take too much out of this game yet. Gilbert played well, Polley played great, Carlton got off early but was it a sign of things to come or the byproduct of playing a soft team at home. The next 3 games will tell the real tale.
I honestly didn't notice Carlton on the floor at all. Again, as mentioned in another post I didn't see the first half, but he's been so soft all year.

Reaction Score
Reminded me of Dan Cyrulik's career night against St. Johns the night Gampel opened almost 25 years ago but let's hope that, as opposed to Dan, it doesn't remain his career night.

Reaction Score
I honestly didn't notice Carlton on the floor at all. Again, as mentioned in another post I didn't see the first half, but he's been so soft all year.
Carlton was big in the first half, literally. He was overpowering their small front court while being quick and decisive near the rim. He had a very big impact early.

Reaction Score
Carlton was big in the first half, literally. He was overpowering their small front court while being quick and decisive near the rim. He had a very big impact early.
Alright. Yet when he's matched against anyone his own size he disappears. If this team is going to go anywhere, HE needs to play BIGGER. He needs to do it consistently too as an upperclassman on this team.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reminded me of Dan Cyrulik's career night against St. Johns the night Gampel opened almost 25 years ago but let's hope that, as opposed to Dan, it doesn't remain his career night.

30 years ago

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom