Tyler Phommachanh injury | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Phommachanh injury

Reaction Score
Not good, wishing him a speedy recovery!

Coach Mora has to hit the portal hard for a starting qb. The way he has been talking up the portal, I am confident we will get an influx of talent, not just at qb.

Reaction Score
Obviously no Spring ball for Tyler and likely no summer camp. This s u c k s.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He didn't participate in enough games (I think 4 is the max) to have this year count. He'll still have 4 years left.
Wouldn't he also have a chance for a medical red shirt year? I would think if he isn't 100% in 2022...he might be able to use 2021 as medical redshirt and 2022 as traditional redshirt. Then still have 4 years of eligibility?

Either way.....I don't think next year's starting Qb is on this team right now.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't he also have a chance for a medical red shirt year? I would think if he isn't 100% in 2022...he might be able to use 2021 as medical redshirt and 2022 as traditional redshirt. Then still have 4 years of eligibility?

Either way.....I don't think next year's starting Qb is on this team right now.

I think it‘s 5 years to play 4 again after this year, but who knows.

Reaction Score
Have the rules changed recently? In the past, there has been no difference between a "medical" redshirt and "traditional" redshirt.

Some players have been granted 2 years when 1) the injury is severe enough to impact 2 seasons, and 2) the player has no relationship to UConn. But the vast majority of players only get 1 year to redshirt. Most use it their first year.

Whatever you want to call the redshirt, he's eligible to use it this year because he played in 3 or fewer games. An ACL injury wouldn't preclude him from playing all of next year too (and he still goes to UConn), so the NCAA is not likely to grant him an additional year (6 total).

After this season/school year, he'll have 4 years left to play 4 seasons.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Have the rules changed recently? In the past, there has been no difference between a "medical" redshirt and "traditional" redshirt.

Some players have been granted 2 years when 1) the injury is severe enough to impact 2 seasons, and 2) the player has no relationship to UConn. But the vast majority of players only get 1 year to redshirt. Most use it their first year.

Whatever you want to call the redshirt, he's eligible to use it this year because he played in 3 or fewer games. An ACL injury wouldn't preclude him from playing all of next year too (and he still goes to UConn), so the NCAA is not likely to grant him an additional year (6 total).

After this season/school year, he'll have 4 years left to play 4 seasons.
Unless you are Cincinnati. Then you get 10 years to play 9 ;)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I didn’t watch the second half in full but did the duds from ACCN even acknowledge Tyler is Taisun’s brother? The camera cut to him on the sideline after a big play from Taisun and the tv crew didn’t mention him. Didn’t even mention Taisun when they were saying “sometimes CT high school football has good players”

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch the second half in full but did the duds from ACCN even acknowledge Tyler is Taisun’s brother? The camera cut to him on the sideline after a big play from Taisun and the tv crew didn’t mention him. Didn’t even mention Taisun when they were saying “sometimes CT high school football has good players”
ACCN was miserable. I really hope CBS re-ups our contract. They've been the best commentary all year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
ACCN was miserable. I really hope CBS re-ups our contract. They've been the best commentary all year.
They were probably the worst crew of the year. Obviously tough to be objective and everything for a Clemson-UConn game but they suckedddd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom