Tyler Harvey--perfect transfer graduate student | The Boneyard

Tyler Harvey--perfect transfer graduate student

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Craig Haley - FCS Executive Director
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The leading scorer in Division I men's basketball is a redshirt junior who is on track to graduate from his school in early June.

It's possible that Tyler Harvey could take advantage of the NCAA's graduate student transfer-exception rule to complete his final season of eligibility at another school.

---Absolute PERFECT final piece of the puzzle for next year. The best 3 point shooter in college basketball who can play the 1 guard at 6-4. This is something that KO should look at--offer him right away if they can.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
West coast kid at a west coast school.

My strong guess is that he stays at EWU -- Hayford's the only reason he's even playing DI basketball and he's not going to dump that to move across the country.

Reaction Score
He's getting some second round buzz from sites like DraftExpress. If he leaves school it'll be for the draft.

Reaction Score
Great chance for him to show his stuff in prime time TV with a team that can win a NC. Hes a perfect fit. he can play 1 or 2 and hes 6-4. This is a kid who hasnt been on TV and now you would be on Tv every game. He would get national exposure and hes an absolute perfect fit for this team. Kevin Ollie and Daniel Hamilton are west coast kids--what does that mean? This is a chance to get a really good player for one year who could help really take us and him to another level.

Reaction Score
no idea about this kid, but many of them should be factoring in the significant increase to rookie pool next year due to new tv contract. 2d rounder this year should seriously consider NOT jumping in to this years draft.

Reaction Score
no idea about this kid, but many of them should be factoring in the significant increase to rookie pool next year due to new tv contract. 2d rounder this year should seriously consider NOT jumping in to this years draft.

Probably much more money the following year with some guaranteed money to 2nd rounders. That much to say Harvey would help make Uconn a top 10 or 5 team and Uconn would help get Harvey into rd 1.

Reaction Score
Craig Haley - FCS Executive Director
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The leading scorer in Division I men's basketball is a redshirt junior who is on track to graduate from his school in early June.

It's possible that Tyler Harvey could take advantage of the NCAA's graduate student transfer-exception rule to complete his final season of eligibility at another school.

---Absolute PERFECT final piece of the puzzle for next year. The best 3 point shooter in college basketball who can play the 1 guard at 6-4. This is something that KO should look at--offer him right away if they can.

No, you can not offer a basketball player at another school just cause you think he would be a good fit for you,

What is wrong with this board, who told knick to change his name and come over from the football board

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No, you can not offer a basketball player at another school just cause you think he would be a good fit for you,

What is wrong with this board, who told knick to change his name and come over from the football board
Well, you sort of can if he is graduating. Its not so difficult to send a message to the kid that you might have a spot for him if he graduates on time and is interested in moving to a major D1 program.

Reaction Score
Well, you sort of can if he is graduating. Its not so difficult to send a message to the kid that you might have a spot for him if he graduates on time and is interested in moving to a major D1 program.

Are you serious? He is on a college team during a season. You can't contact him.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Are you serious? He is on a college team during a season. You can't contact him.
I didn't say "contact". I said send him a message. Two totally different things. If high majors are interested you can bet your ass that fact has been passed along to him in some form or fashion.

Reaction Score
I didn't say "contact". I said send him a message. Two totally different things. If high majors are interested you can bet your ass that fact has been passed along to him in some form or fashion.

"An athletics staff member or other representative of the institution’s athletics interests shall not make contact with the student-athlete of another NCAA or NAIA four-year collegiate institution, directly or indirectly, without first obtaining the written permission of the first institution’s athletics director (or an athletics administrator designated by the athletics director) to do so, regardless of who makes the initial contact."

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
"An athletics staff member or other representative of the institution’s athletics interests shall not make contact with the student-athlete of another NCAA or NAIA four-year collegiate institution, directly or indirectly, without first obtaining the written permission of the first institution’s athletics director (or an athletics administrator designated by the athletics director) to do so, regardless of who makes the initial contact."
Right. No one has ever skirted an NCAA rule before. im not suggesting KO, or any other coach, drop by his house for a visit. I'm sugesstion that if someone is interested that that message likely will make It's way to a kid. With all the shady things that take place during recruiting you don't think a friend of a friend could possibly suggest to someone with some kind of a connection to a kid that D1 programs are interested?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Right. No one has ever skirted an NCAA rule before. im not suggesting KO, or any other coach, drop by his house for a visit. I'm sugesstion that if someone is interested that that message likely will make It's way to a kid. With all the shady things that take place during recruiting you don't think a friend of a friend could possibly suggest to someone with some kind of a connection to a kid that D1 programs are interested?

We don't have a good track record with skirting NCAA regulations. I wouldn't risk it on any kid, especially not a senior who might end up as a grad transfer and is no guarantee to leave the west coast.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We don't have a good track record with skirting NCAA regulations. I wouldn't risk it on any kid, especially not a senior who might end up as a grad transfer and is no guarantee to leave the west coast.
I'm not suggesting we necessarily should or ever would. Just that someone could do so relatively easily

Reaction Score
Great chance for him to show his stuff in prime time TV with a team that can win a NC. Hes a perfect fit. he can play 1 or 2 and hes 6-4. This is a kid who hasnt been on TV and now you would be on Tv every game. He would get national exposure and hes an absolute perfect fit for this team. Kevin Ollie and Daniel Hamilton are west coast kids--what does that mean? This is a chance to get a really good player for one year who could help really take us and him to another level.
Ok lets say hes looking to transfer to a school that could get him more national exposure. At that size and skill he fits in with just about every team. Now why in the world would he come to Uconn whos in the AAC when he can go and play for a P5 school?

caw

Reaction Score
Ok lets say hes looking to transfer to a school that could get him more national exposure. At that size and skill he fits in with just about every team. Now why in the world would he come to Uconn whos in the AAC when he can go and play for a P5 school?

Scouts do come to UConn games. UConn has a pretty solid network of NBA Alumni and most importantly Ollie has a ton of NBA contacts. Now a player may still prefer a big 5 school but those are a few reasons why UConn instead of say Northwestern.

As an aside from the reply, UConn could do what Pitino did and basically state that UL is interested in up to two grad transfers.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
So the BY rule about transfers - someone correct me.

1. Can't talk about a UConn player and transferring until it happens
2. Can talk about a Non UConn player and transferring here taking a position or playing time away from a UConn player.
3. If there is an article or post anywhere except BY on Internet is 1. Out window?

;)

Reaction Score
Scouts do come to UConn games. UConn has a pretty solid network of NBA Alumni and most importantly Ollie has a ton of NBA contacts. Now a player may still prefer a big 5 school but those are a few reasons why UConn instead of say Northwestern.

As an aside from the reply, UConn could do what Pitino did and basically state that UL is interested in up to two grad transfers.
Northwestern? Seriously? Thats your example?

Reaction Score
There's another elephant in the room, one that was welcomed in thanks to Harvey's success both on the floor and in the classroom. He graduates this spring. So he could take a shot at the NBA draft or could even transfer to another school and play immediately due to the NCAA’s graduate transfer rule.

“He could pick his school,” Hayford admitted.

But don’t be surprised if Harvey spurns the big boys when they come calling.

“There’s no reason to leave this place,” Harvey said. “And the only guy who ever believed in me and gave me a chance.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...0/tyler-harvey-college-hoops-best-kept-secret

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I didn't say "contact". I said send him a message. Two totally different things.

You sound like Bill Clinton. "I did not have contact with that student athlete, Mr. Harvey."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom