Tyler Davis drafted in 6th round by Jags | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Davis drafted in 6th round by Jags

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Good for him, wasn’t he the QB on the trick play vs Houston that got us into a bowl game under mayor mcredpants? Details fuzzy!

Reaction Score
Damn!! Great play, think I twisted an ankle jumping around
He was the Qb on the trick play for a td at Navy. Think he lined up as a punter? His 40 time must have impressed enough to get him a shot. Would have been 2nd fastest at the combine. Nice!
Edit: for a first down at the 3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He could have been a 1st rounder if he stuck with HCRE2.0 and his dymanic offense in 2019 and had another year of TECCE1.0's position coaching.

No one here was happy to see Tyler transfer. He actually had five more catches for us (22) in his junior year than he did at GT (17) his senior year. He also had 6 TD catches for us his junior year and is in our record books as tied for second most TD catches by a TE in a season. He is a very hard worker and coachable kid and was a big loss but it worked out as he got drafted so good for him. This move by Tyler gave Jay Rose and Jayce Medlock time on the field which they did well with. We have good talent and potential at TE for this year.

Reaction Score
Yes, let’s ignore the 17 TE/DE hybrids that couldn’t excel at either position.
Same as the 17 DBs/LBs since 2018 who were fast but could not tackle. You will not get 3 NFL draft picks from this roster in 2022-24. (Counting Foley last year). Maybe 1. Just making the point that RE likes to claim he inherited a mess but he was left with some NFL talent

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am very happy for Tyler as he was a good player and glad he was drafted

Good luck Tyler

Reaction Score
No one here was happy to see Tyler transfer. He actually had five more catches for us (22) in his junior year than he did at GT (17) his senior year. He also had 6 TD catches for us his junior year and is in our record books as tied for second most TD catches by a TE in a season. He is a very hard worker and coachable kid and was a big loss but it worked out as he got drafted so good for him. This move by Tyler gave Jay Rose and Jayce Medlock time on the field which they did well with. We have good talent and potential at TE for this year.
I hope RE use Rose and Medlock for more than just blocking.

Reaction Score
Same as the 17 DBs/LBs since 2018 who were fast but could not tackle. You will not get 3 NFL draft picks from this roster in 2022-24. (Counting Foley last year). Maybe 1. Just making the point that RE likes to claim he inherited a mess but he was left with some NFL talent

Edsall is a much better recruiter than Diaco, its not even close. Lets not forget that Tyler Davis was brought in to play QB. Fatukasi was a P recruit.

Reaction Score

i think we all can agree with Coach CranberryPants and HCRE v. 2.0 were both horrendous.

HCRE was left with a bad roster but he has done nothing to change progress.

Reaction Score
I wonder if we can put him on the big board at the Burton Complex as Huskies in the NFL? I am not sure how they handle transfers ie. Boyle.

Reaction Score
I wonder if we can put him on the big board at the Burton Complex as Huskies in the NFL? I am not sure how they handle transfers ie. Boyle.

Nope, that’s tacky. We’ll put more of our own guys in the league soon enough. Randy does that even when he doesn’t win.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Tyler.

Shame on us. We have a TE capable of being drafted into the NFL. And we completed 47 passes to him in three years. That's less than 16 catches a year. Talk about the inability to recognize talent? He should have had games where he caught 8 passes. Of course, his is the same team nailed Marcus Easley to the bench until he was a senior. He went in the 4th round. Somebody has to wake up.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Tyler.

Shame on us. We have a TE capable of being drafted into the NFL. And we completed 47 passes to him in three years. That's less than 16 catches a year. Talk about the inability to recognize talent? He should have had games where he caught 8 passes. Of course, his is the same team nailed Marcus Easley to the bench until he was a senior. He went in the 4th round. Somebody has to wake up.

He had 17 catches this year.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Tyler.

I watched a GT game late in the year and they used Tyler mainly as a blocker/pulling guard which is where this modern college offense has put the tight end/H-back position. Tyler really stepped up his junior year. He also worked at gaining strength and weight over his years at UConn to be able to play the position after being a QB recruit. No one failed to recognize his talent. Remember Pindell rarely looked downfield when he decided to pull the ball down and run. This resulted in less catch attempts. Going into his senior year we had no idea who the QB was going to be or how talented. Tyler transferred kept working and has a good opportunity. I hope he makes it.

Reaction Score
He had 17 catches this year.
Just because Georgia Tech was stupid too doesn't make us smart.

To be honest, I thought we moved him from QB too quickly. We didn't have much at QB. Although he was very raw, Tyler had obvious physical gifts. I would have liked to see him get another chance to compete at QB. Alas.

Reaction Score
Just because Georgia Tech was stupid too doesn't make us smart.

To be honest, I thought we moved him from QB too quickly. We didn't have much at QB. Although he was very raw, Tyler had obvious physical gifts. I would have liked to see him get another chance to compete at QB. Alas.

You are really going to double down?

HCRE 2.0 has been an unmitigated train wreck. Doesn’t change the fact that Tyler had 5 less catches and 5 less tds than his junior year at UCONN.

Wish he would have stayed - and happy he got drafted. He was a leader and wish him nothing but success. Will be rooting for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom