Tyler and Phil | The Boneyard

Tyler and Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know Tyler is a whipping boy on here lately, and deservedly so. I thought for the ELEVEN minutes he played tonight though he played pretty well. After the loss of Wolf, he has to realize we need him on the floor against certain lineups and not always in foul trouble. When a freshman is constantly in foul trouble it's forgivable and even expected but Tyler has played nearly 100 games now in his 3 seasons. Wolf has had very little game experience overall so his foul problems were more understandable. I don't expect Tyler to ever play like he did against ND again but it's not too much to ask our only experienced true big to stay on the court longer than eleven minutes and give the other guys a bit of a rest.

With that said, the silver lining to Wolf's suspension has been the development of Phil Nolan. He does appear to be a little stronger and improving each game. With this year essentially being a foundation builder for next year, I'm encouraged to see that he might actually be a very solid contributor next year. Hopefully either Facey or Brimah can bring something to the table as well in 13-14 and make us extremely dangerous in the process.

Reaction Score
I know Tyler is a whipping boy on here lately, and deservedly so. I thought for the ELEVEN minutes he played tonight though he played pretty well. After the loss of Wolf, he has to realize we need him on the floor against certain lineups and not always in foul trouble. When a freshman is constantly in foul trouble it's forgivable and even expected but Tyler has played nearly 100 games now in his 3 seasons. Wolf has had very little game experience overall so his foul problems were more understandable. I don't expect Tyler to ever play like he did against ND again but it's not too much to ask our only experienced true big to stay on the court longer than eleven minutes and give the other guys a bit of a rest.

With that said, the silver lining to Wolf's suspension has been the development of Phil Nolan. He does appear to be a little stronger and improving each game. With this year essentially being a foundation builder for next year, I'm encouraged to see that he might actually be a very solid contributor next year. Hopefully either Facey or Brimah can bring something to the table as well in 13-14 and make us extremely dangerous in the process.
I think we will see rebounding less of a problem next year. Many of our players need some time for their bodies to fill out and another year we could see a big difference. Nolan is much quicker and more athletic than Olander or Wolf. He just needs to get stronger.

Reaction Score

His third was a bad foul on the 3 - maybe a soft call, but it was a clumsy challenge. His fourth was to stop a layup - Lubick drove the lane, Tyler gave help and fouled his man on the recovery. I kinda felt Tyler could have done a better job at helping and not let Lubick look like a point guard, but Lubick wasn't his man and 2-on-1 puts the 1 at a disadvantage, no matter who the 2 are.

We made our comeback without him, going small with DD and Niels so he never came back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom