Two videos from independent sources regarding UCONN | The Boneyard

Two videos from independent sources regarding UCONN

Reaction Score

I'm constantly amazed at how little attention and/or credit is given by the media (and many BYers) to what Caroline Ducharme brings to the team, especially during the two NCAA games so far.

While Azzi's return has certainly helped loosen rival defenses, so has Caroline's.

Check these stats: Azzi has made just 11 of 32 shots through two games and totaled 27 points and yet has been virtually canonized. Caroline has made 8 of 10 shots and scored 22 points. How many more points might Caroline have scored if she had taken even close to the number of shots that Azzi has attempted?

And yet, this guy's 8-minute video not once mentions Caroline. Azzi has star power, and to me, so far in her career, media has overly covered every move Azzi makes... she's regularly called a superstar? Huh? Here's hoping that superstar appears more often on the offensive end than every once in a while for five minutes of court time.

I guess that's why Caroline's nickname at one point was the silent assassin.

Reaction Score
I'm constantly amazed at how little attention and/or credit is given by the media (and many BYers) to what Caroline Ducharme brings to the team, especially during the two NCAA games so far.

While Azzi's return has certainly helped loosen rival defenses, so has Caroline's.

Check these stats: Azzi has made just 11 of 32 shots through two games and totaled 27 points and yet has been virtually canonized. Caroline has made 8 of 10 shots and scored 22 points. How many more points might Caroline have scored if she had taken even close to the number of shots that Azzi has attempted?

And yet, this guy's 8-minute video not once mentions Caroline. Azzi has star power, and to me, so far in her career, media has overly covered every move Azzi makes... she's regularly called a superstar? Huh? Here's hoping that superstar appears more often on the offensive end than every once in a while for five minutes of court time.

You are so right right.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why people post to opine which player is better than that player or this player needs more press/recognition than that player. UConn's team's are historically made up of unselfish team oriented talent. I would imagine the team could care less about such nonsense. Just an old man's thoughts

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I don't understand why people post to opine which player is better than that player or this player needs more press/recognition than that player. UConn's team's are historically made up of unselfish team oriented talent. I would imagine the team cgeould care less about such nonsense. Just an old man's thoughts
i imagine that some people are displeased with media takes on the team. generally, we get irked when media insists on a particular spin which, to the knowledgeable fan, is often inaccurate.

it seems it is more concerned with sticking to its predetermined script than simply reporting what is going on. for example, the lack of acknowledgement of caroline, nika and lou while giving mucho attention to other contributors. the players -- accepting that they win or lose as a team -- don't buy into that ... but media does. this is irritating to some, considering that 'team' is what the huskies are all about.

my observation.

Reaction Score

I don't think Caroline minds the attention going elsewhere right now. She will be happy to sit in the corner being ignored while she it 12-15 points per game. I would say that for the first time this year Caroline looks well. Here play has been head and shoulders above what it was at the beginning of the season and she is certainly a factor.

Reaction Score

I couldn't agree more. Always overlooked. If we win it this year, it will be because of Caroline's contributions. I know that sounds off base, unfair and almost silly, but just watch. This kid won her high school the state championship when she was in 8th grade. Last year, we were a bedraggled, tired team without Dorka in the finals but CD had 9 points, 4 boards, 2 assists and a block in 24 minutes. Second leading scorer to Paige and played with a lot of guts. When we see a fully healthy Caroline, and hopefully that will be next year, we will see a player that everyone is surprised by. Not me. The kid is a player.

Reaction Score
Yep, I have been cringing all year but she seems to be closer to her old self now than at any other point this year. She is just a real handful to cover. Tall for a 3 with 2 guard skills, moves great without the ball and a great 3 point shooter with a pull up as well.

Reaction Score

Last season, when everyone went down in Dec. freshman Ducharme emerged from the shadows cast by Bueckers/Fudd and took over the offense until she herself was injured. That was something few thought she had in her. Guts, confidence and talent are a rare trifecta of freshmen traits. To have a player of that caliber coming off the bench with Griffin is huge for UConn.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
At one time or another, everyone in our rotation has been called upon to be the go-to player. They have played through adversity and overcome it. Every one of them is battle-seasoned. That is our secret weapon. Not a player would hesitate to take the final important shot, if it came her way, and not a one of them would not prefer to pass to ANY team mate in a better position. I like our chances.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score

It's Geno's decision to hang his hat on Azzi shooting UConn to the final. Sorry, that doesn't always work. Look at Villenova today. While Maddy did score 31 points, her shooting was off, only 8 for 29, 1 for 6 from 3. 27% shooting is not going to win many games. Moral is, don't put all your eggs in one basket. As I have posted, I would like to see Azzi hit some mid range shots before she takes the long distance shots. It worked last game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom