Two undefeated teams, Maryland and Indiana lost today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Two undefeated teams, Maryland and Indiana lost today

Reaction Score
I think it is a bit of an embarrassment to have Maryland and Indiana in top 5 in country.... Because there are only 3 teams that have chance of cutting down the nets in April..... WCBB still needs depth

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think it is a bit of an embarrassment to have Maryland and Indiana in top 5 in country.... Because there are only 3 teams that have chance of cutting down the nets in April..... WCBB still needs depth
I think it will work itself out; NC State might be a possibility, too.

Reaction Score
Somebody is gonna make the final 4 with the 3 favorites. That team will have a “chance of cutting down the nets” like Arizona had a chance last year. I think NC State might be in the conversation and I can’t leave Maryland out of the conversation this early.

Reaction Score
Maryland has the offensive firepower but I don't know if their defense is good enough to win an NC..........

Reaction Score
If Oregon gets back both Rogers and Pao Pao I would put them in the mix as well. That is providing Prince and Sabbally stay healthy. That line up would matchup really well against South Carolina.

Reaction Score
No. [ ] Just had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread
Actually is sort of did. A number of the preceeding posts were about Brinks massive game. They were comparing Brinks production to the lack from the center position at UConn during the latter seasons.

Reaction Score
#2 Maryland lost to #NC State 78-60.
#4 Indiana lost to #7 Stanford 66-69.
Indiana loss to Stanford is no surprise. Indiana is over-rated. The Big 10 ( 12?) is over-rated in women's Hoops. Maryland is more of a surprise but NC State has been rising...and upsetting big teams....for a few years now. They may belong in the top ten. Maryland always stumbles a bit. But, by the end, they will be a force.

Reaction Score
Actually is sort of did. A number of the preceeding posts were about Brinks massive game. They were comparing Brinks production to the lack from the center position at UConn during the latter seasons.
Stretch Jen GIF by The Weather Channel

Reaction Score
Expect NC State to move to # 2 next week. This will be the third #2 in 3 weeks. Seems though when you’re #2 you have a stinker of a game

Reaction Score
Stanford played 12 players in a three point win . Twelve!!!!
That is not unusual for Stanford. Tara’s reserves know they can enter at any moment and need to be ready. It might explain why she has more wins than Geno. Be prepared isn’t just the Boy Scouts creed.

Reaction Score
Do you get the feeling it is South Carolina and everyone else? Of course....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That is not unusual for Stanford. Tara’s reserves know they can enter at any moment and need to be ready. It might explain why she has more wins than Geno.
You have some really odd bones that you pick at. Ludicrous statements like this make me question where your actual fan sympathies lie.

The fact that Tara had a seven-year head start over Geno couldn't have possibly had anything to do with the fact that she now leads Geno by a whopping 5-ish total wins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is not unusual for Stanford. Tara’s reserves know they can enter at any moment and need to be ready. It might explain why she has more wins than Geno. Be prepared isn’t just the Boy Scouts creed.
Or she may have more wins by coaching 5 more seasons and 100 more games. Compare winning percentage: .885 for Geno and .815 for Tara! Oh, and maybe NC?

Reaction Score
The upsets continued today:
USF took down Stanford
Kent St took out UCLA (very bad loss)
Missouri State took a close one from Virginia Tech

Reaction Score
Do you get the feeling it is South Carolina and everyone else? Of course....
Pretty much. Although there are some teams who can battle them....but they have to get a bit lucky to win ( e.g. Boston gets in early could trouble. etc). For some reason, I am hearing good things about Texas. They may be securing all that home grown talent these days.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For all the Maryland "blah blah" comments, you guys do realize they were down a starter and key reserve right? Benzan, possibly the best 3-point shooter in the nation - has been out and Masonious (a key reserve) is also out.

I'm not saying Maryland is a final 4 lock, but they will look a lot different when those 2 players come back. Also, they only have been dressing 7 players due to other injuries and illnesses. Not to mention Owusu has been coming back from an ankle sprain - not sure if she's 100% healthy or not. Not sure what they will look like (ie. starters) if/when the injuries and illnesses are done, but I wouldn't count them out just yet..

Reaction Score
Brink also has 5 asts, 5 blks and 5 TOs ... a good day for her.
I'm not a coach, but I concur with this multi player approach. Remember, 'Experience is the Best Teacher but the Most Expensive'. So we lose some games, but win the 'Last Big One ' !

Reaction Score
For all the Maryland "blah blah" comments, you guys do realize they were down a starter and key reserve right? Benzan, possibly the best 3-point shooter in the nation - has been out and Masonious (a key reserve) is also out.

I'm not saying Maryland is a final 4 lock, but they will look a lot different when those 2 players come back. Also, they only have been dressing 7 players due to other injuries and illnesses. Not to mention Owusu has been coming back from an ankle sprain - not sure if she's 100% healthy or not. Not sure what they will look like (ie. starters) if/when the injuries and illnesses are done, but I wouldn't count them out just yet..
They are far from done, if healthy. Something seems to always happen to Maryland, though. And at the worst possible moment. They have a ton of talent.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
They are far from done, if healthy. Something seems to always happen to Maryland, though. And at the worst possible moment. They have a ton of talent.
Yeah, Brenda is their coach.:):):)

It's a joke, honest. I have nothing against her or the job she does. It just seemed like the perfect joke setup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom