Two undefeated teams, Maryland and Indiana lost today | The Boneyard

Two undefeated teams, Maryland and Indiana lost today

Reaction Score
Cameron Brink, Stanford's elite sophomore, dropped 21 points and grabbed 22 rebounds! That is some stat sheet. OK, OK, she missed 5 of her 6 free throws. Big deal.

Stanford will be most dangerous late in the tournament. But we already knew that.

Late March should be fun.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cameron Brink, Stanford's elite sophomore, dropped 21 points and grabbed 22 rebounds! That is some stat sheet. OK, OK, she missed 5 of her 6 free throws. Big deal.

Stanford will be most dangerous late in the tournament. But we already knew that.

She took 24 shots. That could be 2x her previous career high.

Reaction Score

Stanford played 12 players in a three point win . Twelve!!!!

Reaction Score

Brink also has 5 asts, 5 blks and 5 TOs ... a good day for her.

Reaction Score
Just curious. How many did UConn play against SC? We played 10.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Stanford played 12 players in a three point win . Twelve!!!!
And as I commented in the game Chat Room, they didn't seem to skip a beat (or is it miss a beat?) no matter who was on the floor.

Caveat: not sure if any of the 12 were Freshmen tho.

Reaction Score
Just curious. How many did UConn play against SC? We played 10.
UConn played 9 players at SC game. But the benches only scored 2 pts.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And as I commented in the game Chat Room, they didn't seem to skip a beat (or is it miss a beat?) no matter who was on the floor.

Caveat: not sure if any of the 12 were Freshmen tho.
I think 2 Fr. played at least briefly--Iriafen and Demetre.

Reaction Score
UConn played 9 players at SC game. But the benches only scored 2 pts.
McLean and Muhl played 3 minutes each, and Fudd only 10, so playing 9 is a bit misleading. Stanford had 8 players with 16 minutes or more and another who played 9 minutes.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

I doubt if she would do that in UConn's system. Tall players seem to develop faster in other systems. I wonder why that is. Lee, Cunnane, Brink, Boston, and Juhasz before she came to UConn. Compare them to Olivia. Something seems off.

Reaction Score
McLean and Muhl played 3 minutes each, and Fudd only 10, so playing 9 is a bit misleading. Stanford had 8 players with 16 minutes or more and another who played 9 minutes.
Even McLean and Muhl each played only 3 mins they were still in the game. Why it is misleading I don't get it?

If you are asking meaningful mins then it is 7 not 9.

Reaction Score
I doubt if she would do that in UConn's system. Tall players seem to develop faster in other systems. I wonder why that is. Lee, Cunnane, Brink, Boston, and Juhasz before she came to UConn. Compare them to Olivia. Something seems off.
Not sure why you mentioned UConn here no one else did

Reaction Score
Even McLean and Muhl each played only 3 mins they were still in the game. Why it is misleading I don't get it?

If you are asking meaningful mins then it is 7 not 9.
If the premise behind the conversation is the use of the bench, 9 is misleading to me. If it is not to you, it’s not to you.

Reaction Score
If the premise behind the conversation is the use of the bench, 9 is misleading to me. If it is not to you, it’s not to you.
The question is from @TC22 "Just curious. How many did UConn play against SC? We played 10." No mentioned about bench at all.

It is to me 9 but not to you.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Wow. So I guess what you are implying is that Geno and CD (and now Jamelle) don't know how to develop big players? Interesting thoughts.

But I don't buy what you're selling...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Wow. So I guess what you are implying is that Geno and CD (and now Jamelle) don't know how to develop big players? Interesting thoughts.

But I don't buy what you're selling...
When was the last one in the past five years? Don't tell me about what used to be.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
When was the last one in the past five years? Don't tell me about what used to be.
In the last five years, who are you referring to besides Liv?
Aaliyah did quite well last year under the tutelage of the coaches and I believe that her play so far this year has been impacted by her summer away from Storrs.
I can't think of any other "bigs" in the last 5 seasons unless you want to include transfers.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom