Two Things | The Boneyard

Two Things

Reaction Score
We need to avoid big men coming out to far on high ball screens on defense and that you can pass the ball faster than you can dribble it on offense. That was our game to lose.

Reaction Score
The pick and roll, when run properly, is one of the simplest, yet hardest plays to defend in basketball. There's a reason every single pro team runs it. We got caught in between too many times. Guys hedged out, but didn't pressure and trap making that pass much more difficult, and then they didn't get back to the paint quick enough and didn't get any help from guys rotating. We'll struggle with it for awhile because our two bigs aren't particularly athletic.

Zona killed us in the paint. Their guards outplayed ours. They finished some very tough shots and distributed, to get their bigs a lot of easy looks. Lots to learn on the tape for our team. I trust Hurley to fix this through both coaching and recruiting.

Reaction Score
Someone forgot to mention that they had 2 outstanding bigs to go with their talented guards on the floor at the same time. Their bigs (who are good) were dishing to each other. We don’t have that and can’t cover it because we play either or Cobb or Carlton. I mean think about it, we played a helluva competitive game yesterday and we were outgunned down low. Az has potential to be very good and Jeter and Luther were quite the get for them. Jeter isn’t good enough to play for Duke yet he would start and excel for almost any team. It’s hard to admit it but we just don’t have the personnel at times.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We noticed the same thing vs Iowa - they were trying to drag him out past the foul line and he never dropped back. I remember DH saying something about that after the game at MSG and how they were going to work on it. Maybe DH forgot about it?

Reaction Score
We noticed the same thing vs Iowa - they were trying to drag him out past the foul line and he never dropped back. I remember Dan Hurley saying something about that after the game at MSG and how they were going to work on it. Maybe Dan Hurley forgot about it?

A lot more likely that players aren’t executing not that Dan Hurley just happened to forget about it. Kind of strange that happens to be your first guess in regards to the cause of the problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom