Two Questions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Two Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think there are only a few NBA teams that Calipari would leave Kentucky for. OKC is probably one and Cleveland is the other. If the Cavs came at him with the same offer this year, maybe he would take it a little more seriously because they actually have Lebron?? Right now, theres no reason for him to leave UK. He will always have top 5-10 talent any given year because of his recruiting ability. I also dont think hes a good in game coach so just because he has the best talent doesnt mean he will win every year. I think UK will get sick of Calipari before he gets sick of them and that will be the time he will seriously consider bailing.
I think the NBA can see, especially after the stint in NJ, that Cal isn't for real. Only high school kids and their ignorant families fall for it, and the media is just cashing in on his hype.

I honestly would love if he went to the NBA; the faster he f-cks off out of CBB, the better. But I just don't see a GM worth anything giving him another shot. He hasn't demonstrated any NBA credentials/fulfilled coaching criteria. He's a hype machine who pulls in kids who are just looking for some spotlight while they have their layover in college. And probably paying them decently for doing so.

Reaction Score
Thing is, he's not wrong. Calipari is not good at adjusting in-game when his team is faced with adversity. Both Calhoun and Ollie took him to school in this regard in 11 and 14, and Ryan did last night. His teams are generally able to stay in these games they're losing simply by out-talenting the other team, but eventually that runs out.
This!!

Reaction Score
Whether he stays or goes doesnt really matter. Since hes been at Memphis and UK stock piling talent we`ve won 3 national titles including beating his burger boy loaded teams twice on the way to a title. The other day i was watching First Take and Skip Clueless said that he believed that Squid could do what Izzo did with his team this year but Izzo couldnt have lead this UK team undefeated to the final four:confused: I nearly pissed myself i laughed so hard.

Reaction Score
I think the NBA can see, especially after the stint in NJ, that Cal isn't for real. Only high school kids and their ignorant families fall for it, and the media is just cashing in on his hype.

I honestly would love if he went to the NBA; the faster he f-cks off out of CBB, the better. But I just don't see a GM worth anything giving him another shot. He hasn't demonstrated any NBA credentials/fulfilled coaching criteria. He's a hype machine who pulls in kids who are just looking for some spotlight while they have their layover in college. And probably paying them decently for doing so.

There are plenty of dumb GMs in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom