two questions just for out of box haha's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

two questions just for out of box haha's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Urban Meyers was ever available . . . there is no rational for not jumping all over the chance to land him. This is big time college football.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
If Urban Meyers was ever available . . . there is no rational for not jumping all over the chance to land him. This is big time college football.

Did you look at the link I provided? He was running a thug program at Florida. Also, he does not recruit legitimate running backs or linemen. To each their own, but I am not a Meyer fan, at all.

Reaction Score
Did you look at the link I provided? He was running a thug program at Florida. Also, he does not recruit legitimate running backs or linemen. To each their own, but I am not a Meyer fan, at all.

So Notre Dame wouldn't be interested in him? Penn State? Tell me what big time programs are gonna say "thanks but no thanks" to UM if they had a chance to hire him. Hell how much would Florida like him back?

Reaction Score
Well, there is a saying that you could get a plant into the University of Florida if it plays football...not so much at Michigan or ND...or even Penn State...

Reaction Score
I think you guys highly overrated Meyer. Also, he coached some of the most thuggish teams in CFB history. I'd take Edsall back 10 times out of 10 over Meyer.

I don't think any UConn fan would stand for a coach that let a guy back on the team who was arrested for waiving and shooting an assault rifle In a crowd of people.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...is-role-in-a-may-30-fight-outside-a-down.html

LOL, how does someone think they'll get away with something like this?

TONY JOINER
Charge:
Felony theft in October 2007 for breaking into a car impound and retrieving his girlfriend’s car, which had been towed.

Reaction Score
I don't think for one second that Meyer left UF volunteerily. Nothing about the circumstances passes the smell test to me.

You don't leave a top 5 job because you're "burned out" and then entertain offers 1 year later.

Something fishy went down in Gainesville.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Meyer won at Bowling Green & Utah

I think his track record (on the field) is amazing

Reaction Score
We would be 10-0 with anyone not named Paul Pasqualoni.

Does that make you guys happy? He's our coach for the next 2 years minimum. People need to get over that and accept it.

Didn't Hathaway say I have a 6 year contract, they can't afford to fire me! :D

Reaction Score
He was running a thug program at Florida. Also, he does not recruit legitimate running backs or linemen. To each their own, but I am not a Meyer fan, at all.

UConn has had legitimate running backs and linemen, so the Huskies were better, I guess? Maybe Florida just got by because they were in a weak conference and played a soft schedule. Meyer won two national championships. Ron Zook (predecessor) won zero and Beauchamp (sucessor) is finding the SEC a tough road. So tell us again how difficult it would be for Meyer at UConn?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Tim Tebow won two national championships. Ron Zook (predecessor) won zero and Beauchamp (sucessor) is finding the SEC a tough road. So tell us again how difficult it would be for Meyer at UConn?

I fixed it for you. Also, I never said Meyer wouldn't have success, but his recruiting methods caught up to him in the SEC. They were not a good team last year, and would have been worse this year with or without him. Again, a large part of my statement about not wanting anything to do with Meyer revolves around the fact that he does not believe in discipline. The guy UCHuskies08 mentions above (Joiner) did not serve 1 second of suspension for that incident (probably because he didn't want his best corner out against LSU that week). He also allowed a guy back on the team that was arrested for brandishing and firing an assault rifle in a crowd of people. I hope to God, I never hear of an incident like that at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom