Two OTs and a Pearl ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Two OTs and a Pearl ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Early on, Sanogo looked unstoppable. 2nd half, not so much offensively. Seemed to settle for the jumper too much?
  2. After Sanogo scored our first 10, things got really sticky, with auburn running off what seemed like a zillion in a row. Hurley time out. Hope he remembers exactly what he said and how he said it, because it really, really worked.
  3. Sanogo played the final 17:13 with 4 fouls, with Pearl sending drive after drive into the paint to try to get him out of there.
  4. Akok and Ajax took and missed one shot each. Who would have predicted we could score 115 points with zero production from either of them?
  5. Refs were brutal. Brutal both ways, but the timeliness of their bull terd calls on UConn in wining time was obvious. Two fouls on Whaley on clean blocks. Without those two bad calls, the game isn't close at the end. Then they reviewed that out of bounds and still got it wrong. All fueling a late comeback attempt by Auburn.
  6. Both teams shot very well, but we dominated the boards and the assist line.
  7. It was a game of runs, but it seemed like the runs were fueled as much by spurts of bad D as by offensive explosions.
  8. Polley and Sanogo both hit career scoring highs.
  9. Somehow, the team with no scorers is averaging 92 points over the first 5.
  10. Bruce Pearl may have lost this game by not putting a double or triple on Sanogo until mid-2nd half?
  11. Seemed like all our guys other than Ajax and Akok had some great moments and some awful moments. Good the the great moments outweighed the awful ones.
  12. Even rewatching the game, I did awful lot of breath holding. One of the more exciting regular season games I've watched in a long, long time.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
That reviewed out of bounds play was stupid and devastating.
They showed they could hang with a good team.
I'm happy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That reviewed out of bounds play was stupid and devastating.
They showed they could hang with a good team.
I'm happy.

Seemed like video quality of that play was 1985 technology.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Too bad I couldn't use a sick day. Damn.

The Channel 8 game highlights were exciting

Reaction Score
OK to drop 115 on an excellent defensive team per announcers??

Just imagine if we could shoot! LOL
I think we can put to rest the narrative that this team will struggle to score and cant shoot. Auburn could be the best defensive team we face all year. They hadnt give up more than 65 points in their first 3 games and we went over 100. Auburn is going to be really, really good. I didnt realize they were that talented.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom