Two obvious thoughts from the SCSU game | The Boneyard

Two obvious thoughts from the SCSU game

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Lou, as good as she is, is not as good a scorer as Stewie. No way.
So you admit she's the best since Maya?

Reaction Score
I thought that Lexi would get more playing time, especially for an exhibition game. If I was in Lexi's position, I have to wonder if it is more fun to get to play even for a D-II team like SCU than getting 5min of garbage time in an exhibition game. I am not sure what you learn from that.

Reaction Score
3rd thought. Many appear to be drawing conclusions regarding future playing time and overall team and individual skill sets. Lets not forget who we were playing. At the end of the day, entertaining but not much more.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Collier would have had a triple-double if she'd been left in for a couple more minutes. I thought she and Lou were looking a lot like Pheesa and Gabby a couple of years ago -- lots of passing to each other for easy hoops.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If the bench continues to improve, I see Lou, Pheesa, Crystal Dangerfield, getting more rest then last year during Conference play. Lou was very efficient today, Pheesa had some early struggles then started gelling, Crystal Dangerfield had an off shooting night, but did distribute the ball well. Had good production from CW, Liv, and Molly. MW was also a little off but did contribute.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Lou was en fuego tonight... missed 1 shot and 1 FT... or something like that... 26 points?? in about 25 minutes??
22 Minutes, only Walker has less minutes than Lou out of the starting 5.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Megan was called for a couple of cheap (but real) fouls early on. That kept her playing time down and may have affected her rhythm. She'll learn to be more careful.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Stewie could have scored 25-30 points per game if Geno had allowed it.....
I'm not saying Lou is the better player, but I think she's Stewie's match as a scorer.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying Lou is the better player, but I think she's Stewie's match as a scorer.

KLS is the superior outside shooter and foul shooter but Stewie has a far better mid range, close in and one on one game..............if there were ten seconds left on the game which one would you want to have the ball in their hands? I'm taking Stewie..................

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KLS is the superior outside shooter and foul shooter but Stewie has a far better mid range, close in and one on one game....if there were ten seconds left on the game which one would you want to have the ball in their hands? I'm taking Stewie...
I'm taking Maya, Sue, or Kaleena.

I think Lou has the better midrange shot, but Stewie has that great hook shot.

My general point is that Lou is an extremely gifted scorer.

Reaction Score
Lou is not a better scorer than Stewie? ...no way. Better shooter yea, scorer - not at all.

And Maya and Dee(of course) are in a class of their own. Could get any shot they wanted; no matter the opposition or contact.

Reaction Score
If the bench continues to improve, I see Lou, Pheesa, Crystal Dangerfield, getting more rest then last year during Conference play. Lou was very efficient today, Pheesa had some early struggles then started gelling, Crystal Dangerfield had an off shooting night, but did distribute the ball well. Had good production from CW, Liv, and Molly. MW was also a little off but did contribute.

The bench improved? ONO is the ONLY one that has shown improvement! The rest of the bench combined for a grand total of 7 points in 57 minutes of play vs a division II team!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The bench improved? ONO is the ONLY one that has shown improvement! The rest of the bench combined for a grand total of 7 points in 57 minutes of play vs a division II team!

Yes Div 2 but Molly really had a fantastic game in all facets (offense, DEFENSE, passing, positioning, making the right decisions) and for a player where confidence is key, I really think this can open her eyes to what she can do for us off the bench. She really has all the physical tools. If her head catches up to her body.

Reaction Score
KLS is the superior outside shooter and foul shooter but Stewie has a far better mid range, close in and one on one game....if there were ten seconds left on the game which one would you want to have the ball in their hands? I'm taking Stewie...
“D”

Reaction Score
Megan was called for a couple of cheap (but real) fouls early on. That kept her playing time down and may have affected her rhythm. She'll learn to be more careful.
But it is a bit of a concern, she has to be consistent in her sophomore year, not enough bench for her not to be a strong contributor in every game.

Reaction Score
1. Lou is a complete scorer, maybe the best since Maya.

2. The freshmen looked very good. They combined for over 30 points. Liv had a double-double.

Where's the box score? Can't find it on Uconnhuskies.com website

Reaction Score

Just awesome how KLS has developed over the years. From a stand and shoot kid to an all-around national start, she has risen to thew Geno challenge. Amazing to see her grow!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom