Two nice articles about Saniya... | The Boneyard

Two nice articles about Saniya...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Chong is the reason I have this year's WNBA league pass.
\\
You put your money where your pride and heart are---how to go!!! I like the bit about proving the Doubters WRONG!!!

Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
LOVE this kid. Always appreciated her at UCONN, but I believe she will last many years in the pros. She's got all the tools/gifts, and has the UCONN work ethic and background to help her even more. Rooting for her big time!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've been watching Dallas a lot more this year. Saniya has looked good to me--on the court and off the court.

AR-170519836.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
...on the front page of this morning's Journal News (The Daily paper whose area of coverage includes Ossining).

Here are links to the on-line versions which include video interview and game footage. Go SC!

Girls basketball: Ossining alumna Saniya Chong having fun in WNBA rookie season

Zacchio: Ossining’s Saniya Chong continues to inspire, prove doubters wrong

I sincerely hope than Saniya goes on to have a long and memorable career in professional basketball, and then who knows, maybe come a coach or a media color analyst.

Carnac

Reaction Score

League pass is really the only way to watch and keep track of our girls (UConn alums). Maya Moore is the reason I first became interested in the W. I subscribed to the League pass her rookie year so that I could continue to follow her daily at the next level. I've been a fan of the W, and subscribing every year since.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
League pass is really the only way to watch and keep track of our girls (UConn alums). Maya Moore is the reason I first became interested in the W. I subscribed to the League pass her rookie year so that I could continue to follow her daily at the next level. I've been a fan of the W, and subscribing every year since.
Interesting. I started last year to follow Stewie and Kiah. This year I've been focusing on Saniya Chong.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Interesting. I started last year to follow Stewie and Kiah. This year I've been focusing on Saniya Chong.

I check the box scores of all our girls everyday, then pick which of those games to watch. Gus, I'm pulling for Saniya BIG time.
I really hope she endures herself to the team, her teammates and management. I'd really like to see her develop into a "stalwart" in the league. I've followed her daily since draft day. If given time, I think she'll become a useful/dependable player.

She pulled off a minor miracle. She was drafted in the 3rd round, and still made the cut. If you follow the W, you know that very few 2nd round picks, and hardly any 3rd round picks make the final roster. I noticed two 1st round picks from two years ago get cut this year. You have to fight to keep your job every year. I follow the Liberty like I do the Sparks because of Tina and Kiah, and now Bria.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Me, too. I got it last year to see the big three, but wound up watching maybe 3-4 games. I've seen more Wings this year so far. I'm having such a blast watching her.

I always thought I was a little unusual in being so fond of Saniya. Judging by the love she's getting on the BY, and in this thread, I now realize I'm not alone by a longshot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom