Two New Rankings Place UConn #2 | The Boneyard

Two New Rankings Place UConn #2

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Feels like bad timing with yesterday's news, but here it is anyway.

2. UConn

As I said in May, "welcome to the Paige Bueckers era." Bueckers is set to take Storrs, Connecticut, by storm and is one of the most unique and special players that I have ever seen play. Her game certainly speaks for itself, but she is already showing the leadership capabilities that separate the great players from everyone else. Two other top-25 recruits, Mir McLean and Aaliyah Edwards, join a strong group of returners in Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Anna Makurat and Cristyn Williams. Add in Evina Westbrook, a prolific scorer who had to sit out last season after transferring from Tennessee, and this may be Geno Auriemma's best team since the 2016 national championship team.

Projection:

Christyn Williams will be the new leader of the team after averaging 14.6 points during her sophomore season. Without Walker and Dangerfield, Williams will take the big shots for this team. Anna Makurat was a part-time starter as a freshman and proved to be a very dangerous shooter. Whether starting or coming off the bench, Makurat will be a nice offensive spark. The frontcourt returns Olivia Nelson-Ododa and Aubrey Griffin. Nelson-Ododa started 31 games last season and averaged 10.9 points and led the team with 8.5 rebounds and 3.1 blocks. Those four are a nice group to build around, but of course the Huskies have plenty of talented players coming in who are ready to make some noise. Paige Bueckers is the top recruit in this class and arrives with a lot of hype. If she lives up to those expectations, UConn will have another guard who can find her teammates and knock down plenty of shots. The backcourt also welcomes Evina Westbrook. She has a little more experience after spending a couple years at Tennessee and the 6-0 guard was one of the best passers in the SEC the last two years. Coach Auriemma will once again have to find the right pieces at the right times, but he has done that many, many times before with a lot of success. Once all those pieces come together, this will be a Connecticut team that will be among the favorites to win the national title.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
We’re number two!
We’re number two!

Sorry, but that just doesn’t sound right to me...:rolleyes:
Yeah. Smells a little fishy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics