Two matters from our Orange friends | The Boneyard

Two matters from our Orange friends

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
1.There is a thread labeled Crystal Dangerfield (strange) in which the poster derided our point for leaving the state and ridiculed her for not winning any National Championships.

It was met by complete and total derision of the poster by the board. Impressive, neh?

2. To my uncultivated ears...Kara Lawson sounded more like a coach this week then a neutral commentator...almost losing her temper on air (at least once) in response to dumb play.

I would not be surprised if she takes the UTenn job and brings along a great staff.
That would be fun.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

2. To my uncultivated ears...Kara Lawson sounded more like a coach this week then a neutral commentator...almost losing her temper on air (at least once) in response to dumb play.

I would not be surprised if she takes the UTenn job and brings along a great staff.
That would be fun.

That habit started with the TN game ;)

Reaction Score
If Crystal Dangerfield had gone to Tennessee she would not have been to 3 final fours already. Whether or not she will be one of the very very few recent UCONN players that will leave without a ring has yet to be determined.

Reaction Score
1.There is a thread labeled Crystal Dangerfield (strange) in which the poster derided our point for leaving the state and ridiculed her for not winning any National Championships.

It was met by complete and total derision by the board. Impressive, neh?

That would be fun.
I would have to temper my dislike for Tennessee. Kara has class.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The anxiety on VolNation is palpable as the search for a new coach rolls into its 3rd week. The rumor mill is working overtime with as many as 12 different candidates mentioned. Add in the potential transfers of Westbrook and others and fear of losing star recruits and it’s a pretty toxic environment over there.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

It was met by complete and total derision by the board. Impressive, neh?
That would be fun.

I wandered over there last night and was prepared for that post to go south in a hurry, but was impressed with how VolNation handled it. I'm surprised they haven't locked that post yet, but I'll give them a +1 for calling out OP on his nonsense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Crystal Dangerfield had gone to Tennessee she would not have been to 3 final fours already. Whether or not she will be one of the very very few recent UCONN players that will leave without a ring has yet to be determined.

I think she would have grossly underperformed, along with the rest of her team. That program was rotting, it's culture toxic, and one individual cannot cure a toxic culture. She dodged a bullet when she decided to come to Connecticut!

Reaction Score
I was livid upon reading that post...until I read some (most) of the Tenn responses. I , for one, hate extreme conflict in WBB. Much prefer hard, fair good sportsmanship then shake hands and mean it when the game is done. Toxic posts are just that toxic.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
The coaching search has the fan base divided in several ways.

Male v Female.
LVFL or not a LVFL. (Lady Vol For Life -- part of Pat's coaching tree.)
Experienced coach v Kara Lawson
Lawson v. Harper
Current assistant v current proven head coach

And now the AD is dealing with the potential loss of his popular men's bb coach -- or the need to pay him big bucks (UCLA is offering $5 million per year for Barnes!) to keep him. Lady Vol fans are worried that this budget hit will mean a bargain basement hire for the women's job.

I've never seen so many names associated with a WCBB coaching search -- at least a couple dozen.

Most feel it's now down to Harper, Lawson, Langley, or Ivey. But nobody is ruling out Butler, Peck, Balcomb, Goestenkors, Hammon, or about a dozen others!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A couple of sharp retorts here.
I don't have ANY friends in orange.
I like Kara Lawson but if she takes the TN HC job I will like her less-maybe not at all.
Crystal Dangerfield has been to 3 consecutive FF now. The TN program hasn't been to a FF in over a decade now.

Reaction Score

Male v Female.
Lawson v. Harper

And now the AD is dealing with the potential loss of his popular men's bb coach -- or the need to pay him big bucks (UCLA is offering $5 million per year for Barnes!) to keep him. Lady Vol fans are worried that this budget hit will mean a bargain basement hire for the women's job.

I've never seen so many names associated with a WCBB coaching search -- at least a couple dozen.

Most feel it's now down to Harper, Lawson, Langley, or Ivey. But nobody is ruling out Butler, Peck, Balcomb, Goestenkors, Hammon, or about a dozen others!
I was OK until I saw Peck's name then I coughed Pepsi all over my keyboard. If I'm UTenn, I'd let UCLA waste $5M on Barnes, hire the best WBB coach I can get, and get a better men's coach, both for $5M.

Reaction Score
I think Kara would be a great coach for TN. She certainly has a knowledge and passion for the game. She is well respected and liked by the coaches in the league and I'm sure she'd be great at recruiting. It would be a huge challenge for her, but I've never seen her back down from a challenge; especially when she was a player.

Reaction Score
Not sure why the OP started such a juvenile thread about Dangerfield, but most of VN chastised the author of such childish comments by letting them know Dangerfield made the right choice.....

It looks like Kellie Jolly Harper may be the next Lady Vols coach....At least that is the strong rumor tonight....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure why the OP started such a juvenile thread about Dangerfield, but most of VN chastised the author of such childish comments by letting them know Dangerfield made the right choice.....It looks like Kellie Jolly Harper may be the next Lady Vols coach....At least that is the strong rumor tonight....
A different thread is saying it's Kara Lawson- I'd be so confused-if I cared!

Reaction Score

Male v Female.
Lawson v. Harper

In other words, the fans have no idea what's going on with the search

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

It was met by complete and total derision of the poster by the board. Impressive, neh?

That would be fun.

I don’t know how much fun it would be, but it would definitely be a challenge I’d like to see her under take. She checks all of the boxes save one. No head coaching experience. I think Kara would be an excellent choice. She would turn that program around within 2 years. She has name recognition for recruiting. We know where her heart is.

Tony Bennett left his heart in San Francisco, Kara left hers in ol' Rocky Top. :cool:

Well, so much for that. It’s being reported (Mechelle Voepel ) that Kellie Harper will be named the next LV head coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I don’t know how much fun it would be, but it would definitely be a challenge I’d like to see her under take. She checks all of the boxes save one. No head coaching experience. I think Kara would be an excellent choice. She would turn that program around within 2 years. She has name recognition for recruiting. We know where her heart is.

Tony Bennet left his in San Francisco, Kara, in ol Rocky Top. :cool:

Well, so much for that. It’s being reported that Kellie Harper will be named the next LV head coach.
I thought it was in Pullman, Washington. :cool: :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The anxiety on VolNation is palpable as the search for a new coach rolls into its 3rd week. The rumor mill is working overtime with as many as 12 different candidates mentioned. Add in the potential transfers of Westbrook and others and fear of losing star recruits and it’s a pretty toxic environment over there.
I'll bet it has been a harsh realization that the top coaches didn't jump at the chance to coach there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My guess is; they r looking for someone who looks like, and acts like Pat. We will see how it goes.

Reaction Score
A couple of sharp retorts here.
I don't have ANY friends in orange.
I like Kara Lawson but if she takes the TN HC job I will like her less-maybe not at all.
Crystal Dangerfield has been to 3 consecutive FF now. The TN program hasn't been to a FF in over a decade now.

I don't have any Enemies on Vol Nation (that I know of) I'm happy for UT that Holly is history. Crystal Dangerfield need no one to defend her: Her history and play at Uconn speaks for itself.!! My wife says: You (me) don't suffer fools well. No, not when they are downing my kids.
After Lawson running around the Civic center after making a 3 and winning the Uc/UT game on our home (away from home) court with her index finger in the air--I was so angry I could spit. It took me YEARS to even look at her. Eventually, she began color commentary on Uconn game and doing them without bias--little by little I saw her intellect, game knowledge, and professionalism. I almost like her now. Almost...
I personally think that Lawson, with her game knowledge, was the right and best choice for UT. Also, personally, I'd like to see someone, anyone, turn those top recruits into the team they deserve to be. Even Lawson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom