Two legitimate NPOY candidates on one team? | The Boneyard

Two legitimate NPOY candidates on one team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching Moriah play last night was really something special. In my "misspent" youth I was a pool player/hustler and during the mid 80s was able to live "off the grid" on my winnings for several years. As I matured I realized the price one had to pay to live that kind of life was more than I cared to pay. However, my point is that I was a fairly good player at one time and I remember times where the game just seemed to slow down and become almost ridiculously easy. We (pool players) referred to these stretches of almost effortless play as being "in dead stroke". Based on her performance last night, I believe Moriah is in "dead stroke"! The game seems to be instinctual to her now and she is able to just play without thinking. I believe this is going to be a special year for her! She may be the most dominant small player, women's basketball has ever seen! God willing she stays healthy, I think she will win the Player of the Year award and Breanna will be truly and sincerely happy for her. Two transcendent players on one team! Amazing!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Jefferson is an incredible player. Stewart is an incredibler player! No contest for NPOY...Stewart has it by a foot...or at least 9 inches.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
At the end of this season, I will predict:
AA first team: Stewie, Moriah
AA second team: Tuck, Nurse, Gabby
AA third team: Butler, or KLS or Collier

Am I too greedy?

Based on her performance last night I cannot see KLS on any AA team. Collier was good but not AA caliber. Butler remains to be seen. However, I would say that at a minimum Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck and Nurse belong on 1st, 2nd or 3rd team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Watching Moriah play last night was really something special. In my "misspent" youth I was a pool player/hustler and during the mid 80s was able to live "off the grid" on my winnings for several years. As I matured I realized the price one had to pay to live that kind of life was more than I cared to pay. However, my point is that I was a fairly good player at one time and I remember times where the game just seemed to slow down and become almost ridiculously easy. We (pool players) referred to these stretches of almost effortless play as being "in dead stroke". Based on her performance last night, I believe Moriah is in "dead stroke"! The game seems to be instinctual to her now and she is able to just play without thinking. I believe this is going to be a special year for her! She may be the most dominant small player, women's basketball has ever seen! God willing she stays healthy, I think she will win the Player of the Year award and Breanna will be truly and sincerely happy for her. Two transcendent players on one team! Amazing!
She claims she's in a "bubble" (where everything slows down around her).

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Jefferson is an incredible player. Stewart is an incredibler player! No contest for NPOY...Stewart has it by a foot...or at least 9 inches.

I think Moriah has a legit shot at the Wade or Wooden awards. Stewie will very likely take home one or more of the five if she has the season we expect, but she may well have to share this season. :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Moriah has a legit shot at the Wade or Wooden awards. Stewie will very likely take home one or more of the five if she has the season we expect, but she may well have to share this season. :)

They are certainly a dynamic duo. I really enjoyed watching Williams play. She is a beautiful athlete to watch.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
They are certainly a dynamic duo. I really enjoyed watching Williams play. She is a beautiful athlete to watch.
ETT, while you're here. Lobo during the Wade preview said last night that Nina Davis was an impressive rebounder for being "undersized," but also that she runs the court well for a "big." So what is Baylor marketing her as, undersized or big?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
ETT, while you're here. Lobo during the Wade preview said last night that Nina Davis was an impressive rebounder for being "undersized," but also that she runs the court well for a "big." So what is Baylor marketing her as, undersized or big?
I noticed that seemingly contradictory statement by Rebecca. Is an "undersized big" anything like the "jumbo shrimp" I see at the seafood counter? ;)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I noticed that seemingly contradictory statement by Rebecca. Is an "undersized big" anything like the "jumbo shrimp" I see at the seafood counter? ;)
Not sure I'd want to rile Nina up by calling her a jumbo shrimp. She's relentlessly tough enough already without getting her mad, and things could get "pretty ugly" if she heard opponents' fans were casting humorous aspersions on her size and she could do some "fairly unjust" things to their post players. And that's not a "really imaginary" possibility.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I heard that and scratched my head. At her size and build she is not a big. Kalani Brown, at 6-7, is a big.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Do you know something I don't?
When you enter the BY Zone, there's a lot of things you don't know. I myself just recently learned that Geno doesn't know a lick about recruiting, which absolutely shattered my universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom