Two Lane ThoughtZ™ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Two Lane ThoughtZ™

Reaction Score
CV's long and missed 3 point attempt in the last 2:30 with like 20 seconds left on the shot clock was rebounded by Tulane and converted into a 3-pointer...which kept them in the game. What is he thinking? He has done dumb things like this over and over this season.... He needs to get his act together in the final moments of a game....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
CV's long and missed 3 point attempt in the last 2:30 with like 20 seconds left on the shot clock was rebounded by Tulane and converted into a 3-pointer...which kept them in the game. What is he thinking? He has done dumb things like this over and over this season.... He needs to get his act together in the final moments of a game....
This will never change. He thinks he's the man and every shot he takes is going in. I suppose that can be admirable trait but not for a cooler. The only remedy is to sit him in those spots. The counter is that we need his FT% late. I'm not convinced, he's been missing lately against the good teams.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But I stand by my point. I watched him play in our uniforms for two years and I think he was the worst defensive player I ever saw.
I admire your resolution to stand by your criticism of a guy who was barely 18 when he first set foot on the court for UConn. He was a kid and a decent coach would have done better in the care and feeding department, never mind the in the post play coaching department.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In this game on offense Akok played like a freshman. He was decent screening but he didn't move around on the court to set himself up for plays. It was like Tyler and Akok switched personas.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Before I had any inkling that Polley was working on a career rebound high, I noted two early instances of him retrieving a missed shot off of a bounce, and said, "However he gets them..."

Eventually, he was up by the basket, even bumping bodies.

Reaction Score
Tulane goes into Philly and knocks down Temple by 15. I guess we are just an awful road team

Reaction Score
That’s just who he is. Tuff to watch sometimes. Even if he makes that shot your not happy because it’s a dumb shot

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
CV has to be the most maligned player in UConn history.
That's a pretty high bar. The competition is fierce.
Every missed shot is scrutinized.
And a lot of his makes. He takes a lot of shots that are ill-advised. Just because he made some of them doesn't change that assessment. He does give 100%, but at some point he needs to realize he isn't the second coming of Jordan. Make smart solid basketball plays with the same level of effort, and he'll be celebrated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom