Two huge first quarter plays | The Boneyard

Two huge first quarter plays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Griffin gets behind everyone as Mac rolls to his right under some pressure. His throw leads Griffin out of bounds when a throw back toward the center produces a TD.

Williams gets behind everyone on third down and Mac overthrows him. A good throw is six.

These are the opportunities that must be taken advantage of to win games. Hit both and its 14 points. Hit one and you loosen the defense. Miss both and you have what the Huskies have become.

You can make fun of me for b#tching about this stuff. But this is the difference between a good team and a poor one. When these opportunities present themselves, good QBs take advantage, good teams take advantage.

And,hell, yeah, it frustrates me to see the Huskies leave these plays all over the field. Then some genius says we don't have playmakers. We would have playmakers if the QB could get them the ball.

Reaction Score
Hard to disagree. He also over threw Kash on a long throw in the endzone, under threw kash on an out near the sideline that would have moved the sticks, and once again had two or three drops by the defense.

At the end of the game, his numbers were decent, but like you said plays are left all over the field and team's body language suggested they have lost some confidence in him. P feels differently I guess.

Reaction Score
Holy crap! I agree! McEntee took a step backwards. The thing I did notice positively, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was the case, is that the kid is actually recognizine defenses better and was able to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage when it came to blocking and running. I'm not sure if there were any adjustmetns made in pass play calls.

But none fo that matters, when you've got the opportunity to stick the ball into an open receiver and you don't get it there. I'm pretty sure that if just leads the TE into the endzone on one of those plays that got broken up, it's a TD. You're not going complete 100% of your passes, but you need to get close to 100% on the one's that should be close to 100%.

We'll see what happens against Syracuse next saturday.

Reaction Score
2014449.jpg

Reaction Score
Sure he could have hit on some of these passes and game on; he also could have been picked 3 times and the score could have been 49 instead of 35. The results were not out of line with how Uconn played - lose by 15 with meaningless TD to close to that score. Pitt was much better yesterday for whatever reason(s).

Reaction Score
+ 1000 on everything but the last paragraph. As to whether we'd have playmakers if we could get them the ball, I just don't know because we can't.

Reaction Score
If we are going to be accurate, he also under-threw Kash on a play down the middle....the one that two DBs should have caught but neither did. I feel bad for J-Mac. He is giving it his best. Why the coaching staff is leaving him out there is beyond my understanding. Mike and Scott can't be that bad. Even if they are, give one of them the opportunity to gain valuable experience for the future. My fear is Coach P really believes J-Mac is the man for next season as well.

As for having play-makers, I have to agree with Palatine on that one. If you see replays, our receivers often create separation on routes, but the ball is either late, early, or off by 5 yards. Or as most often the case, the QB never looks beyond the primary receiver. When you have a QB who makes quality throws on a reasonably consistent basis, it is amazing how good receivers can look.

Reaction Score
How about the pass that Delahunt could have had in the endzone but didn't make the play. If he made that catch I believe the game would have changed then. JMac put the ball where it needed to be on that play.

Reaction Score
How about the pass that Delahunt could have had in the endzone but didn't make the play. If he made that catch I believe the game would have changed then. JMac put the ball where it needed to be on that play.
It was a good pass, but you don't fault your second TE for not making that play. You congratulate him if he does, but you don't fault him. That would have been on hell of a catch even for a WR.

Reaction Score
There was actually a third chance for a big play, maybe TD in the first quarter. At the 5 minute mark Kashif Moore got behind the defenders but MAC underthrew him by 5 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom