Two biggest reasons Miss. St. Lost | The Boneyard

Two biggest reasons Miss. St. Lost

Reaction Score
Just look at the Box Score: On free throws, Miss. St. was 10 for 17, while Notre Dame was 15 for 17. Add in all of McGowan's missed bunnies, she was 7 for 19.

BOX SCORE
Notre Dame was 34 for 40 on foul shots in the Final Four. That's an 85% percentage! Considering that both games were decided at the buzzer, their free throw accuracy was a major factor contributing to their Championship.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Just look at the Box Score: On free throws, Miss. St. was 10 for 17, while Notre Dame was 15 for 17. Add in all of McGowan's missed bunnies, she was 7 for 19.

BOX SCORE
Miss state had a player basically tackled with no call near the end ! Refs are DICTATED to keep games close and ND has a BIG fan base ! This was ANOTHER Ref fraud ! I sort of favored ND !

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Miss state had a player basically tackled with no call near the end ! Refs are DICTATED to keep games close and ND has a BIG fan base ! This was ANOTHER Ref fraud ! I sort of favored ND !
As I pointed out in another thread, MS St doesn’t even make it to the finals if the refs call the obvious foul on McGowan against Hines-Allen in the last seconds of regulation in the Louisville game.

The refs giveth and the refs taketh away.

Reaction Score

That was a brutal non-call that should have put the MS ST player on the line to win the game. Did anyone notice the announcers said virtually nothing about that? Even with the replay showing the player was bumped off the ball they made no major issue about it.

Sort of fits with how Shepard was able to transfer and immediately play without having to sit out but Sid Wilson, who had a very compelling reason for transferring was denied. I know it's men and women but the principle should be the same.

Reaction Score
That was a brutal non-call that should have put the MS ST player on the line to win the game. Did anyone notice the announcers said virtually nothing about that? Even with the replay showing the player was bumped off the ball they made no major issue about it.

Sort of fits with how Shepard was able to transfer and immediately play without having to sit out but Sid Wilson, who had a very compelling reason for transferring was denied. I know it's men and women but the principle should be the same.

Special rules apply in South Bend

Reaction Score
The entire final four was very poorly officiated. They should be investigated. That is what is wrong with women's basketball.
The officiating in women's basketball has long been a source of frustration for me. Both the WNCAA and the WNBA are bad, worse than any other sport I can name. But the "mistakes" tend to even out, usually within the same game. At this year's Final Four, they did not, and that is disconcerting.

Reaction Score
When Ro Johnson hit the three to put us up 5 with under two minutes remaining that should have been enough to win. On ND's next possession they went inside to their player on the block and for some idiot reason Vic decided to double the post leaving their guard wide open for a three. Why the hell would you do that??? If they make a two pointer at that point it's no big deal..we still would have been up three with the ball....giving them that wide open three was idiotic and changed everything. That southern preacher we have coaching our women's basketball team can't handle pressure situations......and that's a shame.

Reaction Score
When Ro Johnson hit the three to put us up 5 with under two minutes remaining that should have been enough to win. On ND's next possession they went inside to their player on the block and for some idiot reason Vic decided to double the post leaving their guard wide open for a three. Why the hell would you do that??? If they make a two pointer at that point it's no big deal..we still would have been up three with the ball....giving them that wide open three was idiotic and changed everything. That southern preacher we have coaching our women's basketball team can't handle pressure situations.and that's a shame.
How do you know Vic made the call to do that?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
When Ro Johnson hit the three to put us up 5 with under two minutes remaining that should have been enough to win. On ND's next possession they went inside to their player on the block and for some idiot reason Vic decided to double the post leaving their guard wide open for a three. Why the hell would you do that??? If they make a two pointer at that point it's no big deal..we still would have been up three with the ball....giving them that wide open three was idiotic and changed everything. That southern preacher we have coaching our women's basketball team can't handle pressure situations.and that's a shame.

He did well in the Louisville game. My big issue with today was that he didn’t instruct players to foul right after the ball was inbounded. 3 seconds to go and two fouls to spare. When the offense was struggling I thought he should’ve looked to Vivians more or put William back in and have her get in the lane. I thought she was playing better than Holmes and Mabrey wasn’t taking advantage of the size differential when William was on her.

Reaction Score
If only Vivians has fouled #24 after her 2 dribbles and before the shot there would have been only 1 sec left and therefore much tougher for ND to score. Overtime however would have favored ND without MSU’s 6’7” big on the floor. I agree that MSU’s coach made some tactical head scratching maneuvers. Heck of an exciting finish though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom