Two Amazing Sports Events | The Boneyard

Two Amazing Sports Events

Reaction Score

I was in the stands at Belmont Race Track in 1973 when Secretariat did the unthinkable. He won the Belmont Stakes by 31 lengths in a record time to complete the Triple Crown! Nothing in my life before or since matched the combined visceral emotional response of the nearly 70,000 people screaming (including me) their emotional hearts out as we watched the supernatural performance put on by the greatest sports athlete in world history. It is the only time in my life that I lost my voice due to screaming.

The second most memorable moment for me occurred in April, 2015 when I observed something that I have never observed or heard about before or since when Breanna Stewart was given the MVP award for the National Championship over Notre Dame and she IMMEDIATELY said, with total honesty: This belongs to Moriah Jefferson instead. WHAT HUMBLENESS and truth. It's simply unforgettable and most unique from the greatest women basketball player on Earth today.

Reaction Score
There is something special about the Triple Crown. Every time a horse wins the Kentucky Derby and the Belmont American people rally around him and the whole world seems to pay attention. There's something about a Triple Crown winner winner that really gets attention even from people who don't know a horse's head from a horses blah blah blah.

Reaction Score
No disrespect to Stewie, but I think Moriah was robbed of the MOP award in 2015. No question.
Did you just read what xoxxox said. That's what Breanna said when they gave her the award.

Reaction Score
There is something special about the Triple Crown. Every time a horse wins the Kentucky Derby and the Belmont American people rally around him and the whole world seems to pay attention. There's something about a Triple Crown winner winner that really gets attention even from people who don't know a horse's head from a horses blah blah blah.
The trouble is "Triple Crown Winner" doesn't do Secretariat justice. As difficult as the Triple Crown is to win, and it's darned difficult, those other Triple Crown prodigies turned in pedestrian performances by comparison.

I'm not comparing Secretariat to just other winners. I'm talking about every horse that's run in any Triple Crown race ever. Secretariat beats them all. No other horse has run a time in any of the races faster (or even equal to) the time Secretariat turned in. He holds all the records. Faster than any other. Even those horses that skipped the Derby and/or Preakness and rested while Secretariat ran and came to the post for the 2nd or 3rd leg fresh couldn't touch him. I have trouble finding things to compare it to.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Did you just read what xoxxox said. That's what Breanna said when they gave her the award.
Yes I did, but as a fan with an outside opinion, someone who watched the game, I had the same sentiment BEFORE Stewie made that comment. It wasn't even close, and if I wanted to give MY opinion, thats my choice. Unfortunately Stewie didn't get a vote, so what she said didn't count. Maybe you didn't have an opinion of your own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom