Twitter: UniWatch New Logo | The Boneyard

Twitter: UniWatch New Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know about a logo, but if this thing traveled with the team, it would scare the bejeesus out of opponents.
Pine_Hollow7.jpg

Reaction Score
Wow, got taken down... sorry guys

Paul Lukas (@UniWatch)
3/19/13, 10:15 PM
I've deleted my previous tweet of a new UConn logo, after receiving new (and convincing) information that it's not legit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What did it look like?

Reaction Score
What did it look like?

TheUConnBlog (@theuconnblog)
3/19/13, 10:21 PM
I haven't been on twitter in an hour, @UniWatch thought our logo was going to be UConn's? Ha.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: apparently it was the same logo from The UConn Blog's website.

No thanks...

Reaction Score
ASU announced a new logo in Jan 2013
They announced today they recall the New Logo due the intense unfavorable response
These things are not cast in stone.
Sparky the Sun Devil was pretty awful

Reaction Score
Man, I'm actually frightened to see this new logo. I feel like there's a 99.9% chance it's terrible. And that's not to say there's a 0.1% chance it'll be better than the current design, just that there's a 0.1% chance it won't make me start to cry.

Did you see what Nike did to Oregon State's logo? Jesus.

Is there any chance the student body / alumni could actually veto a new design, if the backlash is heavy enough?

Reaction Score
Man, I'm actually frightened to see this new logo. I feel like there's a 99.9% chance it's terrible. And that's not to say there's a 0.1% chance it'll be better than the current design, just that there's a 0.1% chance it won't make me start to cry.

Is there any chance the student body / alumni could actually veto a new design, if the backlash is heavy enough?

I'm almost certain they get it wrong. Nike squeezed a beaver into the shape of an acorn.

Reaction Score
I'm betting that regardless of what the new logo looks like, 99% of people will hate it. The backlash here, in the Courant, on the radio will be enormous.

Its a shame....Im holding out hope that its going to be pretty bad-ass...... and then crotchety old folks combined with whiny students who didnt get a say will go nuts.

Reaction Score
I'm betting that regardless of what the new logo looks like, 99% of people will hate it. The backlash here, in the Courant, on the radio will be enormous.

Its a shame....Im holding out hope that its going to be pretty bad-ass...... and then crotchety old folks combined with whiny students who didnt get a say will go nuts.

Just look at what they did to poor Benny! What'd Benny ever do to anyone that warranted this?? Jonathan must be terrified.
ncf_e_osylogo_600.jpg

Reaction Score

all we're doing is predicting it's going to be horribly bad.

Do you believe that it can't be really bad?

Reaction Score

About 30 years ago the Patriots came up with a new logo to replace the original Pat Patriot (the Minuteman hiking a football). They ended up putting it to a verbal vote of the fans at half-time. The crowd booed the new logo so vociferously that it was never seen again - sort of. Ten or so years later Bob Kraft bought the team and they came out with the current logo, AKA Flying Elvis, that shared some common themes with the first attempt, albeit a far better implementation. This time they didn't give the fans a vote.

You can see all three logos here: http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6810815/uni-watch-traces-lineage-patriots-flying-elvis-logo

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see if this will be a relatively minor tweak of the current logo (with a meaner looking Jonathan) or a more drastic all-around change.

I doubt any change will fly with the general public, but heads are gonna role if Nike goes polygon gerbil on us like that Oregon State monstrosity.

Reaction Score
About 30 years ago the Patriots came up with a new logo to replace the original Pat Patriot (the Minuteman hiking a football). They ended up putting it to a verbal vote of the fans at half-time. The crowd booed the new logo so vociferously that it was never seen again - sort of. Ten or so years later Bob Kraft bought the team and they came out with the current logo, AKA Flying Elvis, that shared some common themes with the first attempt, albeit a far better implementation. This time they didn't give the fans a vote.

You can see all three logos here: http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6810815/uni-watch-traces-lineage-patriots-flying-elvis-logo

I still think Elvis is silly--but they won with Elvis so I'd never change.

I also like red tongue Jonathan for that reason.

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see if this will be a relatively minor tweak of the current logo (with a meaner looking Jonathan) or a more drastic all-around change.

I doubt any change will fly with the general public, but heads are gonna role if Nike goes polygon gerbil on us like that Oregon State monstrosity.

The problem is that polygon gerbil is the rage these days. Remember the Atlant thrasher? Polygon bird. Or the Buffalo sabre buffalo? Forced into some weird geometric shape. They called it the slug.

Reaction Score

pg2_patriots_uniwatch_576.jpg

The middle one would have fit right in for the USFL back in the day.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
pg2_patriots_uniwatch_576.jpg

The middle one would have fit right in for the USFL back in the day.
Pat the Patriot is one of the worst logos ever. Then again, the Red Sox logo is even worse. Two freakin' socks in a circle. Socks.

Reaction Score
Just look at what they did to poor Benny! What'd Benny ever do to anyone that warranted this?? Jonathan must be terrified.
ncf_e_osylogo_600.jpg
Thats the worst looking beaver I've maybe ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom