Twitter Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Twitter Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
NO, but if he takes them in the flow of the offense then so be it. I actually think he can be a decent shooter from there if given enough chances. I doubt it will matter though because it looks like he doesn't want to shoot it all that often.

As far as his draft position, that's not a good enough reason to alter the team's style. I, however would like to see it occasionally because then his defender would have to take 2 or 3 more steps out to the perimeter leaving the paint more open for cutters, lobs and backdoor passes. This is a good enough reason to alter our style a bit.

The team that drafts him will have had individual workouts with him at their gym, and they would have seen him in pre draft stuff and the combine. He will be asked to shoot there. NBA teams are aware that college coaches first responsibility is to win college basketball games. At his workouts, and at the combine they will ask him to do quite a few things that he didn't do in college so they can see if he has the potential to do those things or not.
This makes sense

Reaction Score
I want to win every game by as many points as possible and don’t get me wrong I love the #1 ranking but…I don’t want UCONN to be an overwhelming favorite in the post season. It’s psychological I know but this team keeps getting better and better and if it continues I fear I may have to book a shrink. Most programs would call this a good problem….

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
When your team is this good, any postseason loss would make you wanna puke. It would be like the GW loss in ‘09, or whenever that was.
That being said, bring it on. I don’t see this squad making me reach for the Tums anytime soon!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Keep looking for the highlight thread but realizing it’s basically the game replay.
Actually, somebody posted a FOX-ptoduced highlight, but I think it got taken down (maybe because too fully somebody else's intellectual property?) Unless yours was just a too-subtle joke, search for it. It's fun.

What I really liked was that it showed Xavier highlights as well, and included at least half a dozen difficult shots that were the result of hard work. They could definitely have scored fewer points, whereas so many UConn shots were taken with lots of room.

Reaction Score
If anyone is still confused why Clingan will be a lottery pick this year, you’re beyond help. Absolutely DOMINATED the paint defensively with his drop coverage. Showed his athleticism and pretty nice footwork on offense and even showed off a nice looking outside stroke.
Yeah shedding the pounds has really helped his mobility and making him look like his old self. I'm super happy for him.

Reaction Score
Rewatching the game and I missed that one of the announcers said "Danny Hurley is not just a great coach, he's the best coach in the Big East".

I get that comment may seem to be a no brainer, but when you consider the top notch coaches in the BE including Pitino and SJU, that's a high compliment.
That was Tarik Turner. Played at St. John's and yet yesterday he sounded like UConn's publicist. Loved it and I believe he really meant everything he said.

Reaction Score
His UConn family got him. Always wish best for Ben. Was such a humble all time UConn great and hell of a pro. He’s brought so much happiness to us boneyarders!
BG avg 24/game vs the Celtics in the '09 1st round of the playoffs. Bulls pushed the KG-less Celts to the brink. That series had 7 overtimes.

Reaction Score
Someone is using the women’s team health as a sacrifice to the basketball gods for the men’s team’s dominance. Idk what the hell I just watched. But it was fun
That’s as good a reason as any for the ridiculous number of injuries they’ve sustained the past 3 years…

Reaction Score
Huh? He was 4 of 5 today from 3.

Bit of an inside joke...Some 'Yarders have been lamenting all season that he shouldn't be shooting 3's and that playing him as a "3 & D" guy was almost criminal...

Mind you, I'd love to see him driving/penetrating more, but I trust the process and know he'll get that as a routine part of his game in due time...

Reaction Score
Bit of an inside joke...Some 'Yarders have been lamenting all season that he shouldn't be shooting 3's and that playing him as a "3 & D" guy was almost criminal...

Mind you, I'd love to see him driving/penetrating more, but I trust the process and know he'll get that as a routine part of his game in due time...
Watched highlights and caught Ball doing just that, made a pass and cut hard to the hoop. No, not with the ball, but decisive movement. A month ago he'd have made the pass and stood for a second, thinking about what to do next. Once he makes that kind of move with the ball on a drive, gonna be a handful.

Nowell looks to be ready to go in that respect.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was great to see Ball with such a good game. Everybody is on board. And his reaction to the Greek's dunk was priceless. We see a lot of that on this team. Players celebrating teammates' good work. I'm still processing this team. How can it be so good after being so good last year and losing 3 guys to the pros? And we're getting better every game! These are the good ol' days.

Reaction Score
It was great to see Ball with such a good game. Everybody is on board. And his reaction to the Greek's dunk was priceless. We see a lot of that on this team. Players celebrating teammates' good work. I'm still processing this team. How can it be so good after being so good last year and losing 3 guys to the pros? And we're getting better every game! These are the good ol' days.
I think it was Newton who dove on the ground to try to save a ball from going out out of bounds and every guy on the court ran over to help him up. Hurley has a STRONG culture in this program and it shouldn’t be taken for granted

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You heard JC speak about Ben. Danny has that same love for his guys that JC has. I don't know much about other programs but when I visited Ted Taigen many years ago he showed me where every UConn ball alumni was, what they were doing, how many credits were needed to graduate, etc, Its a family indeed with a Cousin Eddie called the Boneyard

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom