Twitter Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Twitter Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Spider Man Lol GIF

Reaction Score
J-F-C. Clingan hitting a 3, Stewart, Castle and Ball all looked great, defense was absurd. Tristen keeps making his AA case. Cam and Alex combine for 13 points and we still demolished a solid X team by 40+.

Message to opposing coaches wondering, “how do you beat UConn?” If we keep playing like this, you don’t.

Reaction Score
One of the best games we've ever played. If healthy these guys have a chance to be our best team ever.

NBA scouts at the game drooling over Clingan, Castle too.

Ok... although I still hesitate on your insistence on throwing "our best team ever" out there when you put them up against 1999 or 2004 in particular... I will say two things:

1. That was the most dominant first 30 minutes of basketball we have ever played against a good team. During that one 20 point run midway through the 1st half Xavier could not score. COULD NOT SCORE. We were THAT dominant on defense. Awe-inspiring.

2. This is the best passing team, 1 through 5 we have ever had. THAT I do agree with, 100%. It is such a joy to watch this team play basketball... and what a great job this coaching staff has done to get them playing like this.

I am so freaking happy we hired Dan Hurley. Wow... JUST, WOW!!!

Reaction Score
Donovan is healthy! Even he can start making 3's he is sure fire lottery top 10 pick with his other skills. Domination by all and nice to see Ball get off the snide by going 4-4 on 3's. Everyone contributed to the win and was the best we played all year. I wonder if we can get the Greek kid more time on the court as he looks talented enough to get some minutes.

Reaction Score
What can you say really? I am pleasantly surprised at how they dismantled Xavier. This was an all around complete performance on both ends of the court and I like what I saw from the bench players in the last 10 minutes.

The biggest thing I liked about this game was they didn't let up with their focus and intensity after going into the locker room at halftime with a 26-point lead. They had a penchant for doing that last year and this year as well.

I just wish we could put some of this performance in a bottle to go and use it in other games this year when needed starting with Providence.

Reaction Score
Donovan is healthy! Even he can start making 3's he is sure fire lottery top 10 pick with his other skills. Domination by all and nice to see Ball get off the snide by going 4-4 on 3's. Everyone contributed to the win and was the best we played all year. I wonder if we can get the Greek kid more time on the court as he looks talented enough to get some minutes.
I would like to see that as well. He looks like he can be a solid 2-3 minute contributor if needed

Reaction Score
Awesome day to be in attendance. See UConn dominate, Hawkins, and 04 team. Was thrilled to see Ben Gordon!
I didn't see Ben Gordon but was wondering if he was there. Glad he was!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Not that I'm complaining but for the life of me I don't understand why Miller tried to speed us up early in the game. They basically forced us to run them off the court.
Didn't want to play against our half court defense... Didn't work out for him.

Reaction Score
If anyone is still confused why Clingan will be a lottery pick this year, you’re beyond help. Absolutely DOMINATED the paint defensively with his drop coverage. Showed his athleticism and pretty nice footwork on offense and even showed off a nice looking outside stroke.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You’re being modest. That UConn team today would beat the crap out of Purdues best shot

Perdue had a 50 pt win at home early in the season. It'll just take one team to play their best game of the season to beat UConn on a bad day.

Reaction Score
One thing the coaching staff will have to do, and Hurley and his staff I am sure know this, is the next 2 days he will have to humble the players and get at them in practice before the Providence game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom