Twitter people please interpret | The Boneyard

Twitter people please interpret

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Jay Paterno@JayPaternoIn college sports $$$ trumps by-laws RT “@eliglazier: @JayPaterno can’t do UConn because of bylaws.”
12 minutes agoReplyRetweetFavorite

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I would imagine Paterno is implying it has something to do with UConn not being an AAU member or not being a bordering state of a B1G school.

I don't believe those actually mean anything at the end of the day.

Also, why are you following Jay Paterno?

Reaction Score
sounds like we have a supporter of UConn to B1G in jay paterno. Bylaws may refer to must border a B1G members state?

Reaction Score
I would imagine Paterno is implying it has something to do with UConn not being an AAU member or not being a bordering state of a B1G school.

By-laws can be changed. I don't know what their charter says about revisions, but they can be changed. I agree, I don't think either of those were the deciding factor.

F

fortebleedsblue

It popped up on ESPN twitter feed on ESPN.com

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
jay wanted uconn or cuse. some 1 said uconn couldnt becuase of bylaws(stupid uninfomed person). thats all

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Random tangent - I find it kind of funny/weird that on Dez's blog sidebar, there's still a link to a mailbag question about Jay Paterno from waaaaay back before the whole Sandusky affair came to light.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
sounds like we have a supporter of UConn to B1G in jay paterno. Bylaws may refer to must border a B1G members state?

Well grab the pitchforks, time to go to war with NY. That, or they can amend the by-laws if they want, its fifteen freaking miles.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jay Paterno@JayPaternoIn college sports $$$ trumps by-laws RT “@eliglazier: @JayPaterno can’t do UConn because of bylaws.”
12 minutes agoReplyRetweetFavorite
Here you go:

@eliglazier: @JayPaterno cant do UConn because of bylaws.

Jay Paterno@JayPaterno In college sports $$$ trumps by-laws

Reaction Score

Frank the Tank dispelled that earlier today in another thread: "Big Ten guy here. It is a complete myth that there's any type of contiguous state requirement for the Big Ten, whether literal or even conceptual. Jim Delany himself even denied the existence of this rule 3 years ago when the Big Ten did its initial expansion search."

Reaction Score

Even if that were confirmed to be a by-law, by-laws are not the immutable word of truth brought down from the heavens. An association's by-laws are created by the consensus of the membership; if said association has enough of its members saying "We want to take this course of action that our by-laws currently prevent us to," that usually *also* means they have enough votes to change the by-laws so that they *can* take that action.

Bottom line: if 2/3 (or 3/4, or 4/5, or whatever majority is in the league's by-laws) or whatever of the B1G wanted any member from a non-contiguous state to join, the membership vote and invitation would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom