Twitter learning experience. Lost scholarships? | The Boneyard

Twitter learning experience. Lost scholarships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yuri Wright. Expelled from Don Bosco today. Reason? Twitter, and tweets that were, well, less than professional. Good luck getting that big time scholarship to this unfortunate young man.

I know many around here are connected w/ our guys on this twitter thing. I don't read what they write. Not my thing. But the concept that what's going out online, on twitter, facebook, myspace, etc. might be private? Nope.

WHen you're a scholarship athlete, at a major institution, playing football, got to conduct yourself like people are watching, and if you're going to write online, make it something that you'll feel comfortable standing up in front of the man explaining.

Please, all you folks that are connected with the guys, pass the message. Don't want this crap with my alma mater football program.

Thanks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
about half of every twitter i check to look at recruiting stuff is clean. of the half thats not most of it is just normal hs kid stuff like language(some bad words). every once in a while there is some stuff that def isn't a good idea(pics/stupid posts).

funny thing about yuri, i bet notre dame and rutgers still recruit him even though michigan stopped.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Rutgers maybe, ND not so much.

I follow a few UConn athletes and there isn't too much craziness going on with their tweets, thank goodness. I do have to say that Sio is a riot - kid may have a future in comedy if this football thing doesn't work out...

Reaction Score
Seriously, BNich? Are you auditioning for the board's next curmudgeon? Every thread I've clicked on has you snarling. Why don't you just take the N out of your name?

Aren't you funny? Too many similar threads clogging up the board. Just keep all common topics within one thread. Easy concept to understand and makes a lot of sense when trying to follow the latest recruiting news.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
It's the offseason. Not much to talk about in general. Sports boards are typically more relaxed with this type of stuff in the offseason.

Reaction Score
Just makes everything easier for everyone to keep all conversation on the same topic in one thread. Just a thought that's all. Not attacking anyone. Just made a statement and I am not the only one that thinks this either. Don't know why the other guy called me out attacking me being a wise guy.

Reaction Score
I really like it when athletes tweet Kanye West lyrics. It's like I heard the song already, why do you think anyone wants to read you regurgitate the lyrics on Twitter?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I really like it when athletes tweet Kanye West lyrics. It's like I heard the song already, why do you think anyone wants to read you regurgitate the lyrics on Twitter?

So he doesn't want to marry a white woman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22