Twerps fans are beginning their countdown | The Boneyard

Twerps fans are beginning their countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
quote of the night "listening to him talk makes me want to dive into a tree" lmao I wanna know what he said was it that they didnt execute

Reaction Score
Their thread looks an awful lot like our thread on firing PP. They literally could have copy and pasted half the quotes.

Reaction Score
Poor Randy. I will root for him next week though, he gets BCU at home and he's still a better coach than Spaz.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can think of very few cases where fans have the patience necessary when a new coach comes along. That said, RE does very few things to endear himself to the fan base, especially one that don't know him well enough to realize that a lot of it is just his personality, not a deliberate effort to be abrupt and distant.

Reaction Score
As much as I love how Maryland is losing as bad as they are...you have to admit that there isn't much talent on that team either...

Reaction Score
id like to have Danny McBride at qb, and Meggett as a running back splitting carries with McCombs

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
you are rooting for Edsell? i hope he gets fired after his first year. i'm not saying he wasn't justified in leaving - it's become clear our AD was a complete moron - but i can't root for him. not now, not ever.

Reaction Score
That's only because we don't have a QB!
Danny O'brien is probably better than anyone we've had at QB since Danny Orlovsky. Kid was sensational at times last year.

Edsall should have thought this through, but instead it was rushed a process by him/his agent during a time he should have been focusing on his team's upcoming BCS bowl. He jumped headfirst into a situation where he was replacing a successful and popular coach coming off of a 9-3, season. You have a fan base that fancies itself a "big time" football school, the school itself sits in a recruiting hotbed (he's already alienated a coach at one of the schools that routinely produces FBS players), and it is a place where he can't get away treating the media like he did here. I really think he didn't realize just how good he had it here. Few college football coaches ever have it as good as he had it here.

I was not a his biggest fan while he was here, but I don't want to see him fail. I won't root for him but wouldn't be upset if he turned things around there next year.

Reaction Score
Edsall's limitations that were ok with a program which considered never finishing in the top 25 and having mostly competitive teams as success not now that he leads a team that expects national championship caliber performance. Expect a very messy ending.

Reaction Score
Edsall's limitations that were ok with a program which considered never finishing in the top 25 and having mostly competitive teams as success not now that he leads a team that expects national championship caliber performance. Expect a very messy ending.

Never finished in the top 25? Um...what? Check again my friend.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Randy was a good coach at building a program from scratch. I thank him for that

But all that nonsense he preached about responsibility and loyalty went out the door when he flew to MD after the Fiesta Bowl and never told his kids

I can't even comprehend how a man can do that

He's allowed to take a new job, but the way he handled it all was juvenile and totally devoid of the value system he pretended to espouse

BTW: MD had fairly high expectations for this season, with a lot of key players returning. I don't think Randy gets a very long leash, but that's only a guess on my part.

Reaction Score
I guess you're right. I swore the 2007 team finished the season at #25 but I must have been mistaken.

Actually - I see what I was looking at. Week 12, UConn was #25 in the BCS, so they finished ranked in the last BCS poll of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom