TV & Times | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TV & Times

Reaction Score
Reading some of the whining means it is time for me to break out the old line. Scott Haney is predicting flurries so I can’t drive to Hartford or Storrs

Reaction Score
I see that we have a few 6:30 home games. When was the last time we played a home game that early? It seems like the weeknight crowds at both Gampel and XL are late arriving as it is playing at 7. I hope that extra half hour doesnt make much of a difference.

Reaction Score
Happy with the amount of national exposure they are giving UConn with 6 of the 22 National (broadcast) TV games featuring the huskies.

I’d prefer to have those 8:30 home tips be 7PM tips on FS2. I’m pretty sure anyone who gets FS1 also gets FS2, so not as big of an exposure issue (like it would be between broadcast FOX and FS1).

Im in the central time zone so those 8:30 tips will actually be 7:30 for me so NBD, but going to suck to see the arenas half full because students won’t be making that light night bus trip to Hartford / adults won’t be making that late night trip to Storrs that get them back home around midnight on a week night.

*It still beats 9PM home tips broadcast on ESPNnews vs Tulane or Tulsa.
FS2 is in by far less homes than FS1. Some can get FS2 who don't have it as it can land on a higher tier package.

This year is easy a record for Big East games on FS2. I believe it's 33.

Reaction Score
For Providence, I think it makes sense for our big east home opener with fans to be played on campus. The wolfpack also play at XL 12/17 and 12/19 so would they want to change over the flooring that often? For CCSU, I think it makes financial sense to play that at XL since you will get the CCSU crowd also since thats right down the road. Coppin I had absolutely no basis other than thats what fit the schedule to split it out 8 games at each arena. Could they do 9 at Gampel and 7 at XL? Probably but doubt the state would want them to.
I believe I paid for 9 games with my ticket package to XL

Reaction Score
Really whining over where and when? I'm not in CT anymore but if I was I wouldn't care where or when I would just be thankful fans are allowed back and I could see UConn live again - I can't wait for Atlantis and the away games I can attend - Nova, Georgetown, Seton Hall and St John's.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Happy with the amount of national exposure they are giving UConn with 6 of the 22 National (broadcast) TV games featuring the huskies.

I’d prefer to have those 8:30 home tips be 7PM tips on FS2. I’m pretty sure anyone who gets FS1 also gets FS2, so not as big of an exposure issue (like it would be between broadcast FOX and FS1).

Im in the central time zone so those 8:30 tips will actually be 7:30 for me so NBD, but going to suck to see the arenas half full because students won’t be making that light night bus trip to Hartford / adults won’t be making that late night trip to Storrs that get them back home around midnight on a week night.

*It still beats 9PM home tips broadcast on ESPNnews vs Tulane or Tulsa.

Central time zone is great if you root for an easy coast team.
Mountain time zone is the best for general sports watching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom