TV Suggestions? | The Boneyard

TV Suggestions?

Reaction Score
I just moved on Monday. Dropped cable and am only keeping internet. What is the best way to watch the games without paying a fortune and getting good service?

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
ESPN3 will cover the games (mostly conference) that SNY will broadcast.

I'm not certain but I think ESPN shows the games they're broadcasting on TV on the internet feed also.

Can't say much about the rest.

I'm sure other posters will add to this (and probably correct my mistakes).

Reaction Score
You can get all the ESPN channels with a subscription to Sling TV. A basic subscription is $20./mo I believe and all the ESPN channels runs between $5-10 more. Check out their website for more accurate rates. If all you want is UConn basketball you'd only have to pay for 6 months, which isn't bad considering all the wcbb that ESPN/SEC carries.

Reaction Score
You can get all the ESPN channels with a subscription to Sling TV. A basic subscription is $20./mo I believe and all the ESPN channels runs between $5-10 more. Check out their website for more accurate rates. If all you want is UConn basketball you'd only have to pay for 6 months, which isn't bad considering all the wcbb that ESPN/SEC carries.

I use the Slingtv package for $20 and get all ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPN 3

Reaction Score
There is a Youtube TV, $35/month, you can watch and DVR the full lineups from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, and more. And you can have up to 6 accounts (family and friends can share).

I have not used it but friends said it is good. You can try it free first.

Reaction Score
Who is your Internet provider? They way I think it works is that if, for example, you have one that has a relationship with ESPN, like Comcast, you can sign in to your Comcast account and that gives you entree to the ESPN3 broadcast.

Reaction Score
Who is your Internet provider? They way I think it works is that if, for example, you have one that has a relationship with ESPN, like Comcast, you can sign in to your Comcast account and that gives you entree to the ESPN3 broadcast.
Charter or Spectrum (whatever they call themselves now). I'm in New Milford, that and Frontier are the only choices and Frontier is S L O W.

Reaction Score
This is how I watch many UCONN games... also, if the game is on Fox, you can go to FS1 on line as well...again if you internet provider has the "relationship" with Fox. I live in South Central PA, do not get SNY, but did not miss many UCONN games last year...watching almost all of them on "Watch ESPN", FS1, or google searching for "UCONN vs {fill in the opponent} Women's Basketball Game for free"

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just moved on Monday. Dropped cable and am only keeping internet. What is the best way to watch the games without paying a fortune and getting good service?

Hi Patty B, You can also watch the games on a delayed basis for free after they have been posted to "Huskie Games" game replays usually between 24-48 hours after the final horn. :cool:

[LINK]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Hi Patty B, You can also watch the games on a delayed basis for free after they have been posted to "Huskie Games" game replays usually between 24-48 hours after the final horn. :cool:

[LINK]

BUT, BUT, BUT...that would mean I would have to have patience...and I like to read The Boneyard right after the game to see what everyone else thought. I can't be that behind ;-)

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
BUT, BUT, BUT...that would mean I would have to have patience...and I like to read The Boneyard right after the game to see what everyone else thought. I can't be that behind ;-)

ESPN Replay (www.espn.com/watch/) streams the games anywhere from 1 to 6 hours after the game ends and you don't need to have any kind of subscription to see them. Or there's huskygames.com the next day (0r day after that).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I completely understand and appreciate your posture on this matter. Watching the games on a delayed basis may not be the best alternative, but it's better that not having access to the games at all. Like the summer games in Italy this past summer. While I would have preferred to see the games via live stream in their entirety, I would have settled to watch a very good to HD quality replay later that evening, or the next day. I enjoy watching UConn play, be it live or delayed. Hopefully you will find a solution that is satisfactory to you. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom