TV schedule?? | The Boneyard

TV schedule??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Any word as to who is picking them up? SNY still in the mix?? Sorry if its been talked about but I have been in the 18th century fighting for your freedoms (lol)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Any word as to who is picking them up? SNY still in the mix?? Sorry if its been talked about but I have been in the 18th century fighting for your freedoms (lol)
I don't think anything has changed from last year. Any games that others (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS, etc.) don't carry, SNY will. Except of course the preseason games. Don't think we get them.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Seems to be some kerfuffle getting an agreement with the Big 10 about the Penn State game. Otherwise, as meyers says.....

Reaction Score
Okay, so let me ask this: From what I understand, all the really competitive games are being covered by the various ESPNs or CBS Sports Channel. That leaves a certain number of noncompetitive games for SNY, right? Has anyone heard what SNY will charge us out of towners for the Internet connection to watch those games?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Okay, so let me ask this: From what I understand, all the really competitive games are being covered by the various ESPNs or CBS Sports Channel. That leaves a certain number of noncompetitive games for SNY, right? Has anyone heard what SNY will charge us out of towners for the Internet connection to watch those games?
Here we go again.....lol.

Reaction Score
. . . I can['t] wait to see them play Lauren Englan's team Boston U. . . .

Lauren went to BC not BU.

It will be nice to see both her and Michala Johnson back in action.

Reaction Score
Here we go again.....lol.

Not quite sure what the "again" is all about. All I asked is whether SNY will be selling an Internet package. It's not an unreasonable question for those of us who simply cannot get SNY locally or for who the Direct TV package is financially daunting. As it turns out, based on the schedule another poster shared, there are more non-ESPN games than I thought, so SNY may be a financially worthwhile option. I guess I had it in my head that there were more games being broadcast nationally than is the case.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Not quite sure what the "again" is all about. All I asked is whether SNY will be selling an Internet package. It's not an unreasonable question for those of us who simply cannot get SNY locally or for who the Direct TV package is financially daunting. As it turns out, based on the schedule another poster shared, there are more non-ESPN games than I thought, so SNY may be a financially worthwhile option. I guess I had it in my head that there were more games being broadcast nationally than is the case.

The "again" is about the many posts you made last year about the internet, mostly complaining.

Heck, complain away.

Reaction Score
Hard to complain about something that has not even happened yet. As far as I can see, thus far they have done nothing but good, hiring a play-by-play guy that I really like. But all that's neither here not there. My question was simply whether anyone knows if the service is going to be offered again this year.

No matter what I think of it, if I'm willing to fork over my $60, or whatever the heck it'll cost, then I'll be happy as long as I can get it to play on one of the four computers we have in this house. I gave up on all the other features and issues. Even if it takes a half-hour to load before the games, it is, after all, UConn Women's Basketball. And I'm sure we can agree that UConn Women's Basketball is worth at least that much.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Hard to complain about something that has not even happened yet. As far as I can see, thus far they have done nothing but good, hiring a play-by-play guy that I really like. But all that's neither here not there. My question was simply whether anyone knows if the service is going to be offered again this year.

No matter what I think of it, if I'm willing to fork over my $60, or whatever the heck it'll cost, then I'll be happy as long as I can get it to play on one of the four computers we have in this house. I gave up on all the other features and issues. Even if it takes a half-hour to load before the games, it is, after all, UConn Women's Basketball. And I'm sure we can agree that UConn Women's Basketball is worth at least that much.
I'm lucky to be local and get to see every game on TV or in person. I would pay for sure if I was in your situation.

Reaction Score
I was semi-local for years -- a 2 1/2 hour drive away -- but unfortunately those were the years when every extra ticket was scalped. My daughter and I found some very imaginative ways to obtain tickets to at least a few of those games back then. Now that we live a trillion miles from CT, tickets are easier to come by. Ain't that always the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom