TV Partnership | The Boneyard

TV Partnership

Reaction Score
Just for 2 games at the moment, but maybe the start of something bigger?

WCTX MyTV9 to Broadcast Upcoming UConn Men’s Hockey Games

Sucks that anyone in central CT that has Comcast no longer gets MyTV9.

SNY/NESN would be better and probably more $/exposure

Plus, it would be better if people actually go to the games live in person vs watching on their couch.

It's good for people in SW CT and other areas I guess.

WTNH (channel 8) is primetime at that hour and you see jeopardy / wheel of fortune and whatever after that

Reaction Score
Sucks that anyone in central CT that has Comcast no longer gets MyTV9.

SNY/NESN would be better and probably more $/exposure

Plus, it would be better if people actually go to the games live in person vs watching on their couch.

It's good for people in SW CT and other areas I guess.

WTNH (channel 8) is primetime at that hour and you see jeopardy / wheel of fortune and whatever after that

I hear you, but I think it's the wrong approach.

Most sports leagues thought this way back in the 50's but that ended up being backwards thinking.

Giving potential consumers (fans) easy access to the product (the game) games creates new fans which drives interest which drives ticket sales etc etc

Reaction Score
UNH game on TV?

There goes any chance of achieving
"Mission for 9k"

Perhaps, but having more games on TV increases the likelihood of having higher attendance down the line.

Disagree if you wish, that is your right.

But know this; the best way to grow a sport is to get that sport on as many screens as possible.

Reaction Score
I hear you, but I think it's the wrong approach.

Most sports leagues thought this way back in the 50's but that ended up being backwards thinking.

Giving potential consumers (fans) easy access to the product (the game) games creates new fans which drives interest which drives ticket sales etc etc

I hear ya and on 2nd post also, but ticket prices and product on ice currently has killed attendance.

The past 3-4 years....
Any casual / 1st timers see the game, they probably think.... they stink and probably won't go again till they get better and/or due to price of ticket, parking, inconvience, time of schedule, etc.

those years non Season ticket holders Paid like $10-$15 tops

This year?
Wanna go again, and now have to pay almost $30+ to see the game!

Avg attendance has dropped around 1,000 people

TV(due to laziness) and the prices is killing the ability to build a live fan base. Hockey is WAY better live.

Get good and win a playoff game before you raise prices.

If the extra fee $ was going to a hockey arena, i get it. But it's going to soccer, baseball, softball. Which to be clear, I fully support and don't mind paying the FIT. I'm talking about non-Season ticket holders(potential TV crowd)

Even with this:

UConn Announces Value and Youth Tickets with Fan-Friendly Pricing

It's now a $13 ticket with $9 in fees to make it $22/game That almost 70% of the ticket price in fees!

I have ST to football, hockey, and soccer, so these hockey prices are crazy... it's almost as much as established b-ball/football ($30+)
Box office is even $3 more. Haven't checked lately due to ST.

However, this is the 1 sport(hockey) that UConn has rewarded the Season ticket holders with cheaper tickets per game. I know the tiered section ST price for my section was like $15 per ticket (I think). - corner section.

So the $22 or $30+ is OK with me, but I would like more people there and not staying home due to price or being on TV.

End rant

Reaction Score
I hear ya and on 2nd post also, but ticket prices and product on ice currently has killed attendance.

The past 3-4 years....
Any casual / 1st timers see the game, they probably think.... they stink and probably won't go again till they get better and/or due to price of ticket, parking, inconvience, time of schedule, etc.

those years non Season ticket holders Paid like $10-$15 tops

This year?
Wanna go again, and now have to pay almost $30+ to see the game!

Avg attendance has dropped around 1,000 people

TV(due to laziness) and the prices is killing the ability to build a live fan base. Hockey is WAY better live.

Get good and win a playoff game before you raise prices.

If the extra fee $ was going to a hockey arena, i get it. But it's going to soccer, baseball, softball. Which to be clear, I fully support and don't mind paying the FIT. I'm talking about non-Season ticket holders(potential TV crowd)

Even with this:

UConn Announces Value and Youth Tickets with Fan-Friendly Pricing

It's now a $13 ticket with $9 in fees to make it $22/game That almost 70% of the ticket price in fees!

I have ST to football, hockey, and soccer, so these hockey prices are crazy... it's almost as much as established b-ball/football ($30+)
Box office is even $3 more. Haven't checked lately due to ST.

However, this is the 1 sport(hockey) that UConn has rewarded the Season ticket holders with cheaper tickets per game. I know the tiered section ST price for my section was like $15 per ticket (I think). - corner section.

So the $22 or $30+ is OK with me, but I would like more people there and not staying home due to price or being on TV.

End rant

You're preaching to the choir on ticket prices!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom