TV for Non-FOX Games? | The Boneyard

TV for Non-FOX Games?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I'm sure its been mentioned and I missed it, but what's the latest on TV for our games for which Fox holds the rights but elects not to televise on one of its platforms?

If I want to watch High Point or whoever, will I need to get to Gampel?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'm sure its been mentioned and I missed it, but what's the latest on TV for our games for which Fox holds the rights but elects not to televise on one of its platforms?

If I want to watch High Point or whoever, will I need to get to Gampel?

I don’t know the exact breakdown of FOX/FS1/FS2 games guaranteed per school, but in addition to those games each school is guaranteed 2 CBS (max 4 total)/CBSSN (min 16 total) games through a 20 game sublicense deal with FOX.

In addition to the above, each school typically plays 1-2 games on a regional network (Fox Sports Midwest for Creighton for example). Using Creighton’s schedule as an example from last year, they played (Not including Big East Tournament):

PAC12N: 1
FS Midwest/Regional: 3
CBSSN: 4
FS2: 1
FS1: 20
FOX: 2

I would guess SNY would try to slot into those “FSN” games for UConn but I’m curious to see what happens with our deal with them moving forward as they don’t belong to FOX. The good news is because FOX hasn’t bought as much inventory as ESPN (And prioritizes Big East basketball for their 6:30 FS1 window) you’ll see most UConn games on FS1. There will still be some channel surfing for 6-8 games a year split between FSN, CBSSN, FS2, etc but the FOX network broadcasts are available on FOX Sports Go app as well (and bars will have CBSSN & FS2). The real challenge will be if/when UConn is playing on a FSN Regional network, I have no idea how that will work.

Reaction Score
I don’t know the exact breakdown of FOX/FS1/FS2 games guaranteed per school, but in addition to those games each school is guaranteed 2 CBS (max 4 total)/CBSSN (min 16 total) games through a 20 game sublicense deal with FOX.

In addition to the above, each school typically plays 1-2 games on a regional network (Fox Sports Midwest for Creighton for example). Using Creighton’s schedule as an example from last year, they played (Not including Big East Tournament):

I would guess SNY would try to slot into those “FSN” games for UConn but I’m curious to see what happens with our deal with them moving forward as they don’t belong to FOX. The good news is because FOX hasn’t bought as much inventory as ESPN (And prioritizes Big East basketball for their 6:30 FS1 window) you’ll see most UConn games on FS1. There will still be some channel surfing for 6-8 games a year split between FSN, CBSSN, FS2, etc but the FOX network broadcasts are available on FOX Sports Go app as well (and bars will have CBSSN & FS2). The real challenge will be if/when UConn is playing on a FSN Regional network, I have no idea how that will work.
I have the same issue when PC is playing on FSN regional. I can't find the channel.

Reaction Score

About 2 games a yr on regional, it's annoying.

Reaction Score

Luckily it's always DePaul getting screwed in that FSN regional spot......oh well

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
About 2 games a yr on regional, it's annoying.
You mean only 2 PC games out of the entire regular season schedule are on regional networks, including non-conference games?

Reaction Score
I suspect if games proceed with no fans, every game will be televised for everyone.

Reaction Score
For those games they will probably be on YES in this area. YES is a part of the fox family. Or it’s possible that FOX61 picks up the broadcasts for CT residents.

SNY will not carry men’s games.

For those outside this area you will have to find a local Fox RSN that will have it. Or stream it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom