Tv for battle for Atlantis | The Boneyard

Tv for battle for Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
TV for the Bahamas

AXS Network, which is broadcasting some of the Battle4Atlantis games, including the UConn-Michigan first-round game Nov. 25, has offered its telecast to all cable systems in the Hartford-New Haven market for free. So far, only DirecTV (Channel 340), DISH (167), Thames Valley Communications (702) and Frontier FIOS (1106) have accepted. If UConn loses to Michigan, the second, and possibly third games would also be on AXS. … Phil Nolan, who sprained his foot against New Haven last Saturday, did not dress for the game. He practiced Thursday, but the foot was still bothering him Friday.

We need to call our carriers and tell them to get this game for us!

Reaction Score
GlastonTim, where did you get this information that it was offered to all cable systems for free?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
TV for the Bahamas

AXS Network, which is broadcasting some of the Battle4Atlantis games, including the UConn-Michigan first-round game Nov. 25, has offered its telecast to all cable systems in the Hartford-New Haven market for free. So far, only DirecTV (Channel 340), DISH (167), Thames Valley Communications (702) and Frontier FIOS (1106) have accepted. If UConn loses to Michigan, the second, and possibly third games would also be on AXS. … Phil Nolan, who sprained his foot against New Haven last Saturday, did not dress for the game. He practiced Thursday, but the foot was still bothering him Friday.

Do you have a link to that?

Reaction Score
This is a high quality game. Why does it have to be broadcast on some a** channel???

Reaction Score
Owned by Mark Cuban. Used to be HDNet. Don't see it on Comcast but it is on UVerse streaming app if you have access to that.

Reaction Score
I really hope we get to play Syracuse. I'd like to bury them into the ground.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
TV for the Bahamas

Directv didn't "accept" this as a free offer from AXS. AXS is always channel 340.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Come on Cox step up.
Yeah right. Cox never steps up when it comes to programming. They only add things late and when absolutely necessary (see their holdouts for NESN, SNY, and CBS SN HD). And they still refuse to add MSG.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Yeah right. Cox never steps up when it comes to programming. They only add things late and when absolutely necessary (see their holdouts for NESN, SNY, and CBS SN HD). And they still refuse to add MSG.
As long as Comcast gets it I'm good, I can watch at my brothers place.

Reaction Score
Just as easy as flipping a switch, right?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I just called Comcast (of Clinton) to ask how to make my request for them to accept AXS's offer to telecast the game. She directed me to the on-line Customer Feedback Form in the Channel Requests and Availability section of the Xfinity website:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/

Go to the link for the Customer Feedback Form in the middle of the page and write your request in the feedback box at the bottom of the form. That's what I just did.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Just as easy as flipping a switch, right?
Do you work for Cox?

Of course it's not as easy as flipping a switch, but all those example were/are multi-year holdouts. Let's be serious here.

Reaction Score
Do you work for Cox?

Of course it's not as easy as flipping a switch, but all those example were/are multi-year holdouts. Let's be serious here.
What are we being serious about? Have you called Cox saying that you want AXS?

BUHusky

Reaction Score
What are we being serious about? Have you called Cox saying that you want AXS?
I'll be in the Bahamas attending the Battle 4 Atlantis so I don't care about AXS.

But yes, I did call and email about NESN for god knows how many years. And I also called, emailed, (and even tweeted) about SNY and CBS SN HD for a long time. Of course none of that stuff actually matters in the end.

Cox is terrible when it comes to providing their customers with expanded programming. Their track record speaks for itself.

Reaction Score
I was worried that I would have trouble getting the games on my TV, but then I remembered I'm going to be watching from about 50 feet away.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing since Optimum already treats its Fairfield County subscribers as if they don't live in CT that we will have no chance of seeing this game on TV.

Reaction Score
TV for the Bahamas

Tweeted Dom Amore asking him why a cable company wouldn't accept a free feed offered by AXS and his response sort of leaves the door open for a potential solution/explanation. Sounds marginally promising.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22