TV Contract Status? | The Boneyard

TV Contract Status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Have we heard if it was officially ratified by the Presidents? Is it too much to hope that it is currently being force-fed to Aresco in a dark cave somewhere under Willimantic?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Have we heard if it was officially ratified by the Presidents? Is it too much to hope that it is currently being force-fed to Aresco in a dark cave somewhere under Willimantic?

Dark cave in Willimantic? Just bringing him to that hell hole should be enough lol

Reaction Score

Wouldn't a dark care under Willimantic be the best part of town?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. How long until the Willimantic chamber of commerce or governing body finds this thread and complains to Fishy?

2. Wouldn't you like to read his reply?

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
The TV contract sucks... we all know that. But whats the alternative... no contract no TV opportunities. It sucks because espn and everyone knows that once we start moving teams then this leagues is even further diminished. WE can go SUNY but that won't help us keep our national image unless we can strike a deal just with ESPN. I just wish Aresco showed some fire and not looked like such a wimp through all this.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
1. How long until the Willimantic chamber of commerce or governing body finds this thread and complains to Fishy?

2. Wouldn't you like to read his reply?

The Chamber of Commerce would be thrilled with this thread - I have seen their internal reviews, they only have one attraction listed above dark cave of torture.

Reaction Score
I may rank it #4, which is absurdly high for dark cave haha...

#1 being the brewing company;

#2 being the food co-op;

#3 being willi-bowl (if you have never been, don't go sober).
My girlfriend ordered wine there the one time we went. For two dollars they filled a plastic cup to the top with boxed wine. There is nowhere classier than willibowl.

Reaction Score
Circa 1985 drive to the McDonalds late night. Late night munchies but it seemed to take forever to get there.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
My girlfriend ordered wine there the one time we went. For two dollars they filled a plastic cup to the top with boxed wine. There is nowhere classier than willibowl.

Haha. Not sure the worse decision: taking your girlfriend to WilliBowl or ordering wine?

Reaction Score
Yes. But I know (or knew) Willimantic. When I first met my wife she was attending Eastern.
How does it feel to live in the town that wants to be Westport, Darien, and Greenwich BUT has ZERO shot? I grew up in Willimantic and was a fireman there for 8 yrs before I got hired by the FDNY

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Do the city fathers' still refer to their town as "Romantic Willamantic" like they did in the 70's?

Reaction Score
The Willimantic of today isn't the town I grew up in...it changed in the early 1990's when then first selectman Walter Pawelkiewcz and Social Services Director Don Muirhead accepted every handout they could get from the state...

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Is Gil's still there? I suppose Gil might have passed on by now

Reaction Score
How does it feel to live in the town that wants to be Westport, Darien, and Greenwich BUT has ZERO shot?

Don't understand that at all. We picked, and remained in, Fairfield precisely because it wasn't Westport, Darien or Greenwich.

Reaction Score
What fake Joe Biden said at the SNL fake vice presidential debate about Scanton, that if you went to the lowest circle of hell you'd still be 45 minutes outside Scranton, well that applies to Willimantic, except its 50 minutes...

Reaction Score
Didn't Lou Holtz live in Willimantic and wasn't Skip born there?

Reaction Score
Don't understand that at all. We picked, and remained in, Fairfield precisely because it wasn't Westport, Darien or Greenwich.
That's just a line several of my friends use who grew up in Fairfield...one of whom was fire chief in Westport before he retired.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I spent 5 years living in Willi. I worked for a few years at WILI. The things you see at 2 am on Main St. I wish I could forget.

You get used to people trying to sell you heroin at Taco Bell after a while. I spent an entire summer living above what seemed to be a pretty successful cocaine dispensary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom