Turtle over Jalen Adams? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Turtle over Jalen Adams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
would like to sign center C. Diallo, 4 rated center, number 6 overall and a NY player. that would make 2015 a heck of a year.

That is exactly the same thought I had - add Diallo and this class gets a gold star from me.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know where we stand with Diallo? I've heard very little about his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Was it a case of the first one to say yes? Now off to find a big? I think Kansas offered both too, maybe we split these guards. Thoughts-
Probably first to commit as you said. I doubt Adams comes to UConn now but you never know. Ollie has to keep a scholly open for a big and we seem to be involved with many good ones. Diallo , Govan or somebody else.

Reaction Score
KO understands "first to commit" as well as anyone so if that's what it was, that's okay. I like them both and if there is room for Adams while still getting a big then so be it……..but we need a big for that class now as others have stated, no doubt about that!

Welcome aboard Turtle….Touche'

Reaction Score
I would say the bigs that we are most involved with are Govan, Stone, Jeter, and Comanche. There's at least a little contact with Diallo and Sharma.

Reaction Score
Regarding recruiting, the season will be over in less than 2 months regardless. At that point, UConn will know how many scholarships they have available. I know it's taboo to speculate on transfers & early entries, but UConn could have an extra opening for the 2015 class, depending on what some current players may decide what's best for them. The 2015 class is a long ways off & many recruits aren't ready to commit at this point, so Adams & a big guy is not out of the question.

PS - I'd be surprised if UConn doesn't fill our open scholarship for 2014-2015 without another Senior transfer.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Regarding recruiting, the season will be over in less than 2 months regardless. At that point, UConn will know how many scholarships they have available. I know it's taboo to speculate on transfers & early entries, but UConn could have an extra opening for the 2015 class, depending on what some current players may decide what's best for them. The 2015 class is a long ways off & many recruits aren't ready to commit at this point, so Adams & a big guy is not out of the question.

PS - I'd be surprised if UConn doesn't fill our open scholarship for 2014-2015 without another Senior transfer.
Assuming the rules on Senior transfers aren't changing? I would take a RJ/Kromah regularly. Not everyone feels that way.

caw

Reaction Score
Assuming the rules on Senior transfers aren't changing? I would take a RJ/Kromah regularly. Not everyone feels that way.

Sign me up. RJ may not have been the most talented kid, but he helped a ton in the leadership department. Kromah was wasted at GW, it appears. The Tulane kid at SDSU looks pretty decent also.

Reaction Score
I would take a Kromah regularly. RJ worked in the situation and because there weren't many other options, but I'd rather that not become a regular thing.

caw

Reaction Score
I would take a Kromah regularly. RJ worked in the situation and because there weren't many other options, but I'd rather that not become a regular thing.

Having RJ as your 10th guy or higher is an issue, long term. Having him as #13, that's fine.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Still think we get Adams and some big. No matter what I'm excited for the future, Ollie is showing he can really recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom