Turnovers | The Boneyard

Turnovers

Reaction Score
Last year we intercepted 6 passes. Two by Coyle. We jut have to do much better. Two years ago Summers had 8 all by himself. We threw 11 picks.

Last year we caused 14 fumbles but only recovered 5 of them. Five recovered fumbles tied us for 108th in FBS.

Overall, we were 113th in TO margin at -8.

This is one area where a little improvement can make a big difference. Pass rush anyone?

Reaction Score
Last year we intercepted 6 passes. Two by Coyle. We jut have to do much better. Two years ago Summers had 8 all by himself. We threw 11 picks.

Last year we caused 14 fumbles but only recovered 5 of them. Five recovered fumbles tied us for 108th in FBS.

Overall, we were 113th in TO margin at -8.

This is one area where a little improvement can make a big difference. Pass rush anyone?
I don’t have the numbers but I am pretty sure the team that finished 6-6 had a decent turnover margin. It makes a huge difference when you only have to go 35 or even 50 yards rather than 80 every time.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
The biggest issue on the offensive side of that is that we don't recruit accurate qbs. We have other aspect of the offense down WR,RB etc. But QB has been something was have consistently struggled with since Frazier left. He was really our last solid qb. imo Sheriffs was ok but he made a lot of bad passes and ran the ball to much, and dont get me started on Chandler Whitmer... Randy needs to understand we cant just run the ball down the enemy's throat and call it a day. Like we did in the big east. The aac is a qb conference and we need to get with the program.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Turnovers are key, especially for what seems to be a bend-don't-break defense like UConn seemed to run last year.
On the other hand, I will not set my expectations for 2018 based on the performance of 2017.

I think too many experienced players were 1, 2, or all of the following:

1. Disenfranchised by yet another defensive scheme.
2. Were the best of limited options, yet still not a good fit.
3. Were more focused on technique than instinct.

...that they just checked out and played for themselves.

Reaction Score
The biggest issue on the offensive side of that is that we don't recruit accurate qbs. We have other aspect of the offense down WR,RB etc. But QB has been something was have consistently struggled with since Frazier left. He was really our last solid qb. imo Sheriffs was ok but he made a lot of bad passes and ran the ball to much, and dont get me started on Chandler Whitmer... Randy needs to understand we cant just run the ball down the enemy's throat and call it a day. Like we did in the big east. The aac is a qb conference and we need to get with the program.

Can I get you started with a little trick shot?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I think it's possible to run the ball all day down your opponents throat if you have a top offensive line.

I was at the UConn-Baylor game in Waco in 2009 (?). I saw UConn blowing the Baylor defensive front off the ball all afternoon. It seemed like 7 yards per rush.

But with our line in 2018 that's not going to happen.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
I think it's possible to run the ball all day down your opponents throat if you have a top offensive line.

I was at the UConn-Baylor game in Waco in 2009 (?). I saw UConn blowing the Baylor defensive front off the ball all afternoon. It seemed like 7 yards per rush.

But with our line in 2018 that's not going to happen.

we obviously dont have that and probably wont for a while. So i think we should go in another direction. A good qb will help establish a great running game.

Reaction Score
we obviously dont have that and probably wont for a while. So i think we should go in another direction. A good qb will help establish a great running game.
I believe Pindell will surprise a lot of people this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom