"Turning the Corner" | The Boneyard

"Turning the Corner"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we have supposedly "turned the corner" several times. Being a glass half full type of guy, I have bought into this each time, convinced that we have solved our problems and that it will be smooth sailing the rest of the way. Usually, the very next game we will revert back to our old ways.

This is my usual reaction when our play takes a turn for the worse (there are several notable triggers: turnover by bazz, bad foul by alex, ...)
http://assets0..com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Reaction Score
Just one of those seasons where we want to lower the expectaions, but unconsciously we're still hoping for them to turn things around and become the final four team we thought they'd be.

Not going to lie, this team is very frustrating to watch. Like, bang your head into a concrete wall frustraing. If it wasn't for last year, I might be dead. (Just kidding)

Facts are, with the talent on the roster, you're going to watch every single game, if only for the sliver of hope that they start playing like men.

In my opinion, this team has faced four major tests so far in the BE, and on each of them, they've failed.

The four best teams in the Big East are probably Syracuse, Louisville, Marquette, and Georgetown in some order, with Notre Dame and WVU not too far behind.

February 1st, @ Georgetown--L, 58-44

February 6th, @ Louisville--L, 80-59

February 11th, @ Syracuse--L, 85-67

February 18th, vs. Marquette--L, 79-64

If this doesn't give you a good indication of how far away this team is, I'm not sure what will. I can handle losing these games, because each of these teams are very good, but to not compete in any of them sucks. At no point during the second half of these games did you think UConn had any chance of winning.

Of course, with me being the dope I am, I'll probably end up making the two hour hike down to Gampel next Saturday as well, only to have my hopes crushed once again.

Really though, us UConn fans deserve a good five years of misery for how great last year was. Keep the misery coming!

Reaction Score
"because each of these teams are very good, but to not compete in any of them sucks. At no point during the second half of these games did you think UConn had any chance of winning."

What am I missing here CHAMPS99and04???? when Uconn got with 4 today I thought they had a chance, Didn't you???

Reaction Score
"because each of these teams are very good, but to not compete in any of them sucks. At no point during the second half of these games did you think UConn had any chance of winning."

What am I missing here CHAMPS99and04???? when Uconn got with 4 today I thought they had a chance, Didn't you???

I suppose. But a long shot. Even when we cut it to two in the Cuse game, it just didn't look conceivable that we could pull it off. Just look at Prezident's thread about boneheaded plays. It seems like every time we get some momentum, somebody makes a big mistake. Boatright's technical swung the whole game today.

Reaction Score
I suppose. But a long shot. Even when we cut it to two in the Cuse game, it just didn't look conceivable that we could pull it off. Just look at Prezident's thread about boneheaded plays. It seems like every time we get some momentum, somebody makes a big mistake. Boatright's technical swung the whole game today.

Not to nit pick but "any chance of winning" is a bit much... By definition you are say that down 4 and with momentum that we didn't even have a 1 % chance of winning.

Reaction Score

Those 4 games average out to 17 ppg losses. i dont think we`ve ever had a stretch like that in the jim calhoun era. that is not uconn basketball. that is not how we do things here. what makes it even worse is the amount of talent on this team should not be losing by double digits every night. this all comes down to , nevermind im tired.

Reaction Score
I think a lot is the bench and how poor it is. The 4 guys are really not good players at this point (TO, NG, DD, RS).

Amazing to think RS and DD were rated higher than Melvin & Harkless. JC had it right, just got stung a little.

Those 4 games average out to 17 ppg losses. i dont think we`ve ever had a stretch like that in the jim calhoun era. that is not uconn basketball. that is not how we do things here. what makes it even worse is the amount of talent on this team should not be losing by double digits every night. this all comes down to , nevermind im tired.

Reaction Score
Not to nit pick but "any chance of winning" is a bit much... By definition you are say that down 4 and with momentum that we didn't even have a 1 % chance of winning.

Whatever man...you get my point. Last year if it was close in the second half I knew we were going to win. I didn't think we would win, I knew it. The combination of defense and Kemba Walker was too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom