Turning point of the game | The Boneyard

Turning point of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whitmers sack on 1st down in FG range eventually we had to kick a 46 yarder, we get 3 there its a different story with a 17 point lead.

Reaction Score
Very true. Next play Mcombs slips on a swing pass for no gain. Needed to get closer but that was a makeable kick. A few more yards may have been the difference.

Reaction Score
Very true. Next play Mcombs slips on a swing pass for no gain. Needed to get closer but that was a makeable kick. A few more yards may have been the difference.

yep for confidence wise for NFL kicker it shouldnt make a difference, but leave it up to our offense to screw things up you just get 3 points there and its a 3 possession game.

Reaction Score
The missed field goal was huge. I we were up ten, the interception doesn't happen because we are playing more conservative with a 3 and long and do not throw that pass there.

Reaction Score
Whitmers sack on 1st down in FG range eventually we had to kick a 46 yarder, we get 3 there its a different story with a 17 point lead.

Especially since Whitmer's hot read was right where the CB blitz came from and John Green was wide open right in front of him.

Reaction Score
Turning point of game to me (and I called it at the time) was #96 dropping a first down pass at around the 25. He was all alone with room to run and run and run. Problem was he tried to run too quick. Catch the ball first,son, then run.

This play was a momentum killer. Up to that point UConn was dominating both sides of the ball and appeared ready to attack for more points. After this play. . . It was a quick three and out . . . and momentum shifted to UConn.

I realize these things happen, but UConn had too narrow a margin of error for it to happen last night.

Reaction Score
The missed field goal was huge. I we were up ten, the interception doesn't happen because we are playing more conservative with a 3 and long and do not throw that pass there.

I thought it was the play before the fg that put us on that lousy spot.

The dropped pass was my #2.

Any Whitmer runs fill in the rest.

Reaction Score
Turning point of game to me (and I called it at the time) was #96 dropping a first down pass at around the 25. He was all alone with room to run and run and run. Problem was he tried to run too quick. Catch the ball first,son, then run.

This play was a momentum killer. Up to that point UConn was dominating both sides of the ball and appeared ready to attack for more points. After this play. . . It was a quick three and out . . . and momentum shifted to UConn.

I realize these things happen, but UConn had too narrow a margin of error for it to happen last night.

I am going with this one as well. That was a good opportunity missed right there.

Reaction Score
The false start before the pick. We don't throw there if we aren't backed up five yards.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Prior to the missed FG was a Whitmer mental error, a run in the middle for negligible yards, and turf issues that caused McCombs to slip (that side of the 50 yard line really had most of the divots). If we had managed to get 3 or 7 there it would have kept our offensive momentum going, plus sent the signal that the O didn't need the D to set them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom