Turkey - Australia Bronze medal game is starting now | The Boneyard

Turkey - Australia Bronze medal game is starting now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Turkish fans are nasty. Every game I've seen Turkey play, they relentlessly jeer, scream and whistle when their opponent has the ball. Non-stop. Very gracious hosts.

Reaction Score
Considering how FIBA stacked the brackets in favor of Turkey, and their fans total lack of sportsmanship, I'm rooting bigtime for Australia to whoop 'em. Go Opals.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
At least I haven't seen any heated coins being thrown - Italian fans used to do that with lighters getting the coin red hot before throwing it. I would rather have loud packed stands and jeers and whistles than the empty stands most games have seen.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As long as the shouts are not personal/racist/whatever I am fine with it and the constant buzz when a opponent is on offense is sort of fun.

Turkey did not show up for this game in the first half - Australia out to a 17-0 lead and doubled them up for the half 38-19.
Australia's bigs playing very well again.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Nothing unsportsmanlike about the Turkish fans. It's how it's done here. Folks have been nothing but gracious and kind. they're passionate about their basketball, and the Turks earned their place in the medal round fair and square. You sound like you're a Serbian fan....

Reaction Score
Opals ahead 38-19 at halftime. Tolo with 10 pts, 5 boards,

Reaction Score
Nothing unsportsmanlike about the Turkish fans. It's how it's done here. Folks have been nothing but gracious and kind. they're passionate about their basketball, and the Turks earned their place in the medal round fair and square. You sound like you're a Serbian fan....

brackets were a joke

Reaction Score

Wrong. Wrong. And Wrong again.

Reaction Score
brackets were a joke
I thought the brackets were fair. The strongest and weakest teams seemed evenly divided, as much as possible. Of course with more than 4 strong/weak teams some have to be in the same bracket. It doesn't matter where the remaining teams are placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom