Tulsa Shock vs Indy Fever | The Boneyard

Tulsa Shock vs Indy Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope some of you caught this game tonight.

Freakin' classic game!

Sky Digg may be voted the MVP of the season if she manages to keep this up!

I almost quit watching it with about two minutes in the game but they came back and won it.

Reaction Score
Diggins has been incredible. Really fun to watch. But she'll have to rip the MVP award away from Maya. Will be interesting to watch as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
I don't know about that.

Skylar has a rookie guard playing with her and her star center (she was depending on)vacated the premises on her.

The Lynx have other Olympians playing with Maya...

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If you look at the stats, she was 9 for 21, not overwhelming, with 5 turnovers.
She got to the line plenty and was 11 for 13
It's all sort of typical / familiar performance…of course lots of points, more than we saw in college, but not an amazing percentage, almost volume shooting, especially considering all the fouls taken.

But none of this matters.

There is just something about this young woman, a fierce competitive streak, s will to win.

It is so admirable how she came back from an underwhelming first season with a seemingly hopeless team.
Just imagine how tough that is…coming off a 40-game under-grad schedule ending with that stunning
loss. And she 's not exactly Godzilla in build.
She apparently didn't go to Europe to cash in; rested her body and worked on her game.

And here she is, the return of the little assassin who proved so elusive and difficult in her years competing against us.
We won some, lost more than a few but it was never easy.

And now she's on her way to becoming a star at this level, dominant, a leader, who again wills herself to win.
I don't think many of us expected the turnaround, even those around the league. There wasn't a lot of talk.

I find myself very impressed with a strange sense of satisfaction

As they say in Kiwi land; "good on you"

Remember what Geno said to her after the game…he knows.

Last edited:

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I echo your sentiments, msf. Not just because of what she has done/is doing but because I know just exactly how important the WNBA is to the future of NCAA wbball. Her success means more success for the league, and that is all good.

Reaction Score
43% is pretty good for a guard. and 21 shots in 43 minutes isnt a lot (in my opinion) for someone who is a leading scorer on their team. -how many times has geno said he wants his star player taking 20 shots a game (and uconn players rarely get over 35 minutes, let alone 43)

i think she is exceeding expectations and now theyre winning - shes first team WNBA right now.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
43% is pretty good for a guard. and 21 shots in 43 minutes isnt a lot (in my opinion)

i think she is exceeding expectations and now theyre winning - shes first team WNBA right now.

Actually she took a lot more shots than that if you consider the foul totals.
But I have no argument with your premise.

Reaction Score
She also got hammered by running full speed into one of the Fever players in the 4th quarter. I think it knocked the wind out of her. I was afraid she got a concussion and would be out for a few games. She started to go into the locker room but came back a couple of minutes later.

I kept using the All-Access buttons to see if it was worth it to keep watching and kept thinking that they could never come back. Pretty unbelievable that they tied the game. I have to give kudos to the coach as well. He used the clock well in the last two minutes or so.

I like how you can start watching the games from the start even if the game is half over then you can pause it and take breaks now and then. It's about like using DVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom