Tulsa game highlights & Edsall post-game | The Boneyard

Tulsa game highlights & Edsall post-game

Reaction Score
The way these kids are responding is incredible to watch. I know we still have a long way to go, but man, watching UConn play offensively is exciting. You can definitely see the growth already in year one. Kudos to the D side too. They are starting to get it. This team will get places. Good job by Edsall and company coaching these guys up as well. Real vs Want to be. Bye bye Diaco. UConn is being REStorred.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just for point of reference, over the past two games it seems obvious Edsall has Lashlee slowing down the Office to give the Details a break.
Yesterday, this handcuffed offense which lost its most versatile RB in 1st qtr, still had a 51 yard reception and an 80-TD on a flea flicker.
I think I'm in line with most fans when I say, if that's conservative football, sign me up.
Final thought is this offense has to finish off drives better. Got away with FG's each of past two weeks. That's not a long term path to success.

Reaction Score
Just for point of reference, over the past two games it seems obvious Edsall has Lashlee slowing down the Office to give the Details a break.
Yesterday, this handcuffed offense which lost its most versatile RB in 1st qtr, still had a 51 yard reception and an 80-TD on a flea flicker.
I think I'm in line with most fans when I say, if that's conservative football, sign me up.
Final thought is this offense has to finish off drives better. Got away with FG's each of past two weeks. That's not a long term path to success.

Hate to say it but we are probably a year or two away from being able to consistently finish off drives. The offensive line needs to add size and strength. They are not getting any push inside the 10 yard line where the opposing D can load up the front. We failed to score from the 1 yard line twice yesterday. I think we are ranked something like 119 in the redzone.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Hate to say it but we are probably a year or two away from being able to consistently finish off drives. The offensive line needs to add size and strength. They are not getting any push inside the 10 yard line where the opposing D can load up the front. We failed to score from the 1 yard line twice yesterday. I think we are ranked something like 119 in the redzone.

Finishing off the drives in our case is almost completely about getting the OLine up to par in the run game. When you're between 1 yard - 4 yards away from the endzone, there's only so much you can do with misdirection or with the pass game. At that point, you need five "bullies" to just knock the defensive front back a couple of yards and let either the QB or the RB get a couple with his feet.

I'm not saying we're too far away from that, but we're not there yet. And it may take another year to get there...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom